Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    Could be an IAC valve.
    True.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

We chased the same problem for over a season. A new tps and its plug fixed it completely.
    04 LSV

You might still have a vacuum leak, you can spray WD 40, but I would use Carb cleaner as its not a lubricant, praying lubricants into the intake can cause gumming, fouled plugs.

Spray around the intake manifold gasket, the throttle body mount, anything bolted to the intake. While the engine is running, if you hear it bog down then that's your leaking area.

It sounds like the engine is getting hot and then your having some leaking issues.

The TPS could very well be an issue but something like that should be reading badly anytime your high throttle then goto Idle. Since that seems to be when your noticing this problem the most.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    You might also look at any vacuum hoses. Bad hoses will cause high idle
    I have a similar problem. I own a 2017 Moomba mondo surf edition, just put it in, won’t idle below 1500 rpm, just had the wiring harness replaced this past winter. Dealer told me computer needs to be replaced, any other options before I trailer my boat 2 hours back to the dealer and ruin my Memorial Day weekend?
    Zoch
    2017 Moomba Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by Zoch View Post
    I have a similar problem. I own a 2017 Moomba mondo surf edition, just put it in, won’t idle below 1500 rpm, just had the wiring harness replaced this past winter. Dealer told me computer needs to be replaced, any other options before I trailer my boat 2 hours back to the dealer and ruin my Memorial Day weekend?
    Oh that sucks. Bad harness on a new boat? What is the reason for the replacement and why would the ECM need to be replaced as well? How did all that come about?

2017 Moomba Craz

Never had a problem with it last summer, when I took it in to winterize it, dealer said they couldn't start it and they replaced the wiring harness. Dealer is telling me over the phone that it is the computer, I tried disconnecting all power and resetting, hasn't worked. Any ideas on how to fix before I trailer it back?
    Zoch
    2017 Moomba Mondo

Never had a problem with it last summer, when I took it in to winterize it, dealer said they couldn't start it and they replaced the wiring harness. Dealer is telling me over the phone that it is the computer, I tried disconnecting all power and resetting, hasn't worked. Any ideas on how to fix before I trailer it back?
    Sorry. Wish I could help, but sounds like something beyond a simple fix.

2017 Moomba Craz

You can usually do a capacitive discharge on computers and do a reset. Disconnect the batteries and touch the ground and positive cable together this will clear the capacitors in a module make 100% sure though batteries are disconnected other wise you’ll make some sparks and potentially mess up some other stuff

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

Just following up on this issue, there was a vacuum hose disconnected, rpms dropped once we reconnected it and it ran fine for a while. Now I am getting the following diagnostic message: DTC 1157: Closed-loop gasoline bank2 high
    SPN: 4238 FMI: 0 ADDRESS: 0 PLUG ID: B

Any help on this? Thanks in advance!
    Zoch
    2017 Moomba Mondo

Just following up on this issue, there was a vacuum hose disconnected, rpms dropped once we reconnected it and it ran fine for a while. Now I am getting the following diagnostic message: DTC 1157: Closed-loop gasoline bank2 high
    SPN: 4238 FMI: 0 ADDRESS: 0 PLUG ID: B

Any help on this? Thanks in advance!
    Unhook the battery and let the ECU reset. It is probably all confused now after compensating for the vacuum leak which you then corrected.

2017 Moomba Craz