Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Traveling with cover

Hey guys I am just curious to know if my cover is intended to be used while traveling to and from the lake on my 2013 LSV?

My cover is the one you place over the top, has Velcro on the sides around the tower, and has a ratchet in the back to pull it tight. In the end it secures around the perimeter of the boat just below the rub rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba LSV

Yes you can tow with it. I wouldn't tow long distance or speeds much over 60.

If you plan to tow a lot I would get with Corey at Evolution Covers.

Tell him I referred you and your on the forum
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yea, I think it's technically called a "mooring cover" as opposed to a towing cover but people do tow with them on. I have the snap on covers and tow with them on a couple times a year with no problems so far.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

you can get quite a bit of scuffing on the jell coat if you tow it down the highway
    2013 outbackv

Thanks. I've never towed with the cover on and then I saw a couple boats out last week with my same style cover flying down the highway. I don't think I'm going to do that but maybe I'll keep the cover on when I run it to fill with gas and stuff around town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 Moomba LSV

I never tow with the cover. It stretches the hell out of it, especially at the bow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

How bad does it scuff the getcoat? We've had a long weekend planned with family on Lake Martin for this weekend and the rain is everywhere. We've already been caught a couple times towing home from the lake in down pours. It sucks. Takes forever to get all the water out and days for just the seats to dry.

The drive would be about 2hrs and there's no way the boats not coming. If it's pouring the whole way I don't see us going above 60mph.

Does anyone see any major issues towing with the cover on.

Thanks Guys!!!
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Have Snap Cover, tow with it on all the time. Have towed with it on for 5 hour drive, 3 hour drive and even 10 minute drive. I can think of three places where there is minor rubbing and I can easily buff it out with a rag after I arrive.

Would not tow with a cover as you mentioned though.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Have Snap Cover, tow with it on all the time. Have towed with it on for 5 hour drive, 3 hour drive and even 10 minute drive. I can think of three places where there is minor rubbing and I can easily buff it out with a rag after I arrive.

Would not tow with a cover as you mentioned though.
    So sad
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

morning cover will defintly scuff the gel coat, I might have to look into the evolution covers as well, I always fear a cushion is going to fly out and hit a car, since I have followed boats that tow without a cover on and have dodged flying cushions, and with the unpredictable weather here don't want to get caught in a down pour without it on either
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds