Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have a 2007 LSV with the original Moomba cover (I believe), several straps to tie down to trailer and rope that ties down in the back, covers to below the rub rail. We just took a 6 hour trip with no problem at all, no scuffs. Have also heard of seats, etc flying out of uncovered boats. After driving through a wicked rain storm, I did realize I needed to waterproof the cover though.
    2007 LSV

For the guys with Evolution covers, are you safe to tow with them on without any risk of scuffing or wear on the boat? Or is the risk just reduced? I scuffed my 2005 XLV on a 30 minute trip down the interstate and swore I'd never tow with a cover on again. It's just not feasible to keep it under 60 on the freeway!
    2017 Mojo (sold)
    2005 Moomba XLV (sold)

I wouldn't ever tow with a cover. Seen too many rip and also cause gel coat scuffing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I'm not to worried about it ripping as were only going about 90 miles. Where does it rub the gel coat? Would it be fesable to cover those areas with a towel and have the towel between the boat and cover?
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

for me the worst rubs are between the tower and the windshield above the rub rail , about a foot behind the tower to the about the gas cap ,and with the blade graphics it seems to be pretty hard on them as well, and a little along the nose area, the new covers seem pretty robust , im not to worried about it tearing either , it rides really well going down the hwy, just all the areas were the cover flops a little in the wind over time leaves some good dull spots.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

ive had two Evolutions covers, one on the 08 LSV -one time I was running late and was hitting about 80-85mph towing with no issues. my 13 LSV was black and blue and never noticed any rub marks on the gel.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Evolution covers is booked till October. I can't find any others that have a pattern for my 2016 Helix. I've been told to wrap Saran Wrap around the rub rails to help keep the mooring cover from rubbing. I have a 4 hour drive coming up next week and I'm not sure what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Willyourun View Post
    Evolution covers is booked till October. I can't find any others that have a pattern for my 2016 Helix. I've been told to wrap Saran Wrap around the rub rails to help keep the mooring cover from rubbing. I have a 4 hour drive coming up next week and I'm not sure what to do.

I haven't heard the wrap thing before but it sounds like a good idea.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    I haven't heard the wrap thing before but it sounds like a good idea.
    They guy from Evolution Covers told me that. Nice guy.

I believe I have the same cover. 2 vents and 2 poles. sinches just under rub rail and ratchets in back. I have towed many times long distance at hwy speeds with no issues. I usually tow locally without unless its raining. I wax the boat twice a year and never noticed any scratches from it.
    Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold