Default Tower speakers won't play treble

Help! I recently installed bow speakers in my 2014 Outback V. Now my tower speakers only play bass, but not very loud. Thought it was amp that powers tower speakers, but swapped it out with one a buddy told out of his boat, but it did the same thing. What did I mess up?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Camden
    Norris Lake

2012 Outback V
    2006 Party Barge 20' sold
    1991 Sea Ray 170 sold

Ok, take us through the "I recently installed bow speakers". Where did you wire the speakers up to. Did you add or move around any RCA's. Did you change any amp setting?

I spliced the bow speakers into the 2 front cabin speakers. All 6 cabin speakers work fine. Didn't touch the tower speaker hacks or amp. Tried playing around with the amp later, but no help.

Camden
    Norris Lake

2012 Outback V
    1991 Sea Ray 170 sold

Swapping the amp made no difference so you either blown tower speaker tweeters or the tower amp signal from the head unit has somehow switched to a low-pass. The output from the amp can be tested with a known working speaker and you can bypass the head unit by plugging a 3.5mm x RCA and play your phone/mp3 right to the amp.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Swapping the amp made no difference so you either blown tower speaker tweeters or the tower amp signal from the head unit has somehow switched to a low-pass. The output from the amp can be tested with a known working speaker and you can bypass the head unit by plugging a 3.5mm x RCA and play your phone/mp3 right to the amp.
    Thanks. Will test next weekend when I get there.

Camden
    Norris Lake

2012 Outback V
    1991 Sea Ray 170 sold