Default New Insurance Company (new to me)

So without shopping at all, I insured my new Pro with my regular insurance company. Basically its 2 $million liability, as well as comprehensive coverage ( fire, theft & vandalism) and collision. All for $1047/yr. Deductible of $1000.
    Then today I got an email from an insurance company called Portside Marine Insurance. (The dealer gave them my info with my consent)
    They are offering the same coverage for $897.00 except they offer an all risk agreed value policy until the boats 15th birthday and a 1% deductible.
    They also offer (for an additional $75.00/yr) a 100% purchase price reimbursement for up to 3 years in the event of a total loss.

I have already made up my mind to allow my regular insurer to match the offer. If they cannot or won't, I will go with Portside.

Just wondering if any members have dealt with them. I believe they are only in Canada Based out of Ontario and an office here in Alberta, but they may be affiliated with an American underwriter.

Don.
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

I insured my new Supra SE for 600 a year! Boaters Insurance. With a disappearing deductible! Your overpaying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

It is hard to compare insurance costs as exchange rates are different, policies are different and regional pricing is different. I would recommend moving the $2M liability to an umbrella policy that will cover everything at a much cheaper cost.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Have mine insured with GEICO for $369/year. 100/300.
    2015 Mojo Surf

[QUOTE=smorris7;307925]I insured my new Supra SE for 600 a year! Boaters Insurance. With a disappearing deductible! Your overpaying.

I agree with that for sure. It seems there are few options up here.
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

ski safe always treated me well.

keep in mind that you can't compare insurance with someone else as there are too many factors that go into the purchase from limits to credit score to bundled policies.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Maxpower and a couple others turned me on too ski safe a couple years ago. Saved a lot since then.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Maxpower and a couple others turned me on too ski safe a couple years ago. Saved a lot since then.
    Thanks for the info, I just priced with Ski Safe and it's $20 less/yr than Geico.
    2015 Mojo Surf

I shop around every couple of years. I also have an insurance broker that shops for me. My broker has saved me THOUSANDS of dollars over the last 6 yr for all of my insurance needs. Ski Safe has always been cheaper for boats. Home, car, motorcycle, business insurance, they have always been cheaper than any of my shopping.

Now, I have no idea how "good" the customer service will be if I have a claim, but I'll take that risk. FL is a different kind of place due to our unique weather and population combined with liberal insurance laws.

Good luck, let us know if you find something cheaper or better.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Allstate $476.00 a year, 2009 Moomba Mobius, California Delta, Discovery Bay.