I have noticed that there is a ton of chat about choosing a new prop but I suspect guys aren't considering the change with the correct prerequisites.

When you guys are considering a prop change, are you looking at your WOT range with your current prop and adjusting from there? I don't see any one mentioning this and it is the one most important thing to consider. It doesn't matter whether you want more hole shot or top end, you must consider what your motor's WOT range is and choose a prop that gets you in the range and still fulfills your requirements. Maybe you guys are considering this, but I never see it mentioned. Just a thought...

As an example, on my new mojo, I got the OJ 15x13 prop with it. At Powell this weekend, I turned 10 hours and was able to go WOT. I found that the motor was spinning 5500 rpm. That is 100 rpm too high. The raptor 440 is supposed to run 5000-5400 WOT. So, at Powell, I need to re-prop. I'm thinking about going with an acme 15x13 that has some cup, which will bring the revs down 100 to 150 and get me in the right range. But I'm looking at a number of other options.

My normal boating lake is a few thousand feet higher in elevation that Powell and I have not been able to boat at that lake at WOT to see what the factory prop will do. I expect to have to buy a prop for Powell and one for my home lake. Not cheap, but it's a BOAT.