Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

This morning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Sea n yellow View Post
    Should have this thing in Atlanta by next Thursday

2010 Möbius XLV GG w/ right at 300 hours

My very first boat and I can't wait to start upgrading and learning to surf it
    Welcome to the XLV club! If you don't already, make sure you have the 1100 rear bags and the 1180 front bag. It's a great boat.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Welcome to the XLV club! If you don't already, make sure you have the 1100 rear bags and the 1180 front bag. It's a great boat.
    Trayson, what prop do you run? My buddy has the 14.25 x 14 on his XLV. Looking for something with more low end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Trayson, what prop do you run? My buddy has the 14.25 x 14 on his XLV. Looking for something with more low end.

Acme 537 13.5 X 16 if you can believe it. It's honestly been all the prop I want and need. It has been fine pulling around 3500 pounds of ballast surfing at 10mph with a suck gate. The only time it's an issue is when we take off without the rudder straight and it takes a while for the wave to form. But we never have any trouble getting up to speed. But if I do a faster, straight surf takeoff, the wave forms plenty quick. For wakeboarding, I'll most often only ride with the front 1180 bag full. occasionally I'll fill the rear bags halfway. But again, it doesn't seem to have any trouble getting up to speed. And I also slalom at about 30mph, so the prop handles that well. I still get that great balance with top end and fuel economy not suffering.

Lots of people will say more low end than I have, but I've been happy with how my boat performs and don't feel the need to compromise the top end or fuel economy.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Already on the list Trayson, I've been stalking your post for a week or so now. You seem to have the XLV figured out. Bags and a some sort of wake shaped are first on the list. Does Wakemakers carry the 1180 bag?

Already on the list Trayson, I've been stalking your post for a week or so now. You seem to have the XLV figured out. Bags and a some sort of wake shaped are first on the list. Does Wakemakers carry the 1180 bag?
    yep, they do,

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...enter-sac.html
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

That's crazy. Smaller 13" diameter with a 16" pitch? Sounds like a prop for an offshore race boat.

2017 Moomba Craz

Should have this thing in Atlanta by next Thursday

2010 Möbius XLV GG w/ right at 300 hours

My very first boat and I can't wait to start upgrading and learning to surf it
    congrats on a great boat, you will love it. Since this is your first boat i would take some time up on the lake getting to know her and how everything works before you load it up full of people and then realize there is a lot to know. Enjoy.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    congrats on a great boat, you will love it. Since this is your first boat i would take some time up on the lake getting to know her and how everything works before you load it up full of people and then realize there is a lot to know. Enjoy.
    Amen. Nothing worse than taking a new boat out and not knowing what the heck you're doing. Ski boats are fickle animals and they take time to get the hang of.

2017 Moomba Craz

Planning on it. An old friend had an old direct drive outback that I drove a good bit. I'm looking forward to learning the nuances of this v drive as far as the backing up and handling. Been reading all the help threads on here and the owners manual while I'm waiting on her to get here.

Of all the forums I've been on, team talk, Malibu crew, and even the Supra forum, you guys are by far the most welcoming and most helpful.