Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Got in some really good sets this weekend! Pic of one of my kids here. We are getting a much taller wave without the swim platform digging in. The push is great but I need to lengthen it even more!! Very happy with it though.

Why does the wave always look so great in real life but so small in photos LOL? I need some lessons in photography.

2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

That's a massive wave 5:00. Can't wait to get my bags and inland curl shaper, hopefully have it all setup this weekend
    2010 MÖBIUS XLV GG
    2014 F-250 LIFTED WITH ICON ON AMERICAN FORCES

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Got in some really good sets this weekend! Pic of one of my kids here. We are getting a much taller wave without the swim platform digging in. The push is great but I need to lengthen it even more!! Very happy with it though.

Why does the wave always look so great in real life but so small in photos LOL? I need some lessons in photography.

Nothing wrong with that pic at all, probably just your angle......and that wave is the kinda of clean that I would kill for!!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25739[/ATTACH my 17 mojo surf edition
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 mojo surf edition upgraded rear bags 1450s.

A couple from Sunday. My gf still working on getting comfortable on the board and a pic of my helper.

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Nice matching boat and garage.

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Nothing wrong with that pic at all, probably just your angle......and that wave is the kinda of clean that I would kill for!!!
    Replacing the swim platform was the change that made that wave. No more of that lip digging in. I had no idea it would make that much difference. I already had everything else listed in my signature. My wife and I were the only two on the boat the first time we cranked up that wave this year. We couldn't believe it. It also has push which I was afraid it wouldn't have. We got almost that same wave with only two of us on board. I also found the wake plate had to be almost all the way down to clean the wave where it used to be only half way down. I still need to fine tune but working well so far.

That wave in the pic is with 5 people on board. I sent three to the front and it didn't lengthen the wave at all even with full locker up front. I finally dropped the rear bags to about 2/3 full and still had a crazy tall wave and a bit longer. I am going to try the rear bags half full this weekend and see what happens. Glad to be backing off rather than having to add.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by Sea n yellow View Post
    That's a massive wave 5:00. Can't wait to get my bags and inland curl shaper, hopefully have it all setup this weekend
    I have been watching you gathering your gear together over the months, you will get it all working! I like the Umlaut in your signature. It makes it much more metal looking
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Replacing the swim platform was the change that made that wave. No more of that lip digging in. I had no idea it would make that much difference. I already had everything else listed in my signature. My wife and I were the only two on the boat the first time we cranked up that wave this year. We couldn't believe it. It also has push which I was afraid it wouldn't have. We got almost that same wave with only two of us on board. I also found the wake plate had to be almost all the way down to clean the wave where it used to be only half way down. I still need to fine tune but working well so far.

That wave in the pic is with 5 people on board. I sent three to the front and it didn't lengthen the wave at all even with full locker up front. I finally dropped the rear bags to about 2/3 full and still had a crazy tall wave and a bit longer. I am going to try the rear bags half full this weekend and see what happens. Glad to be backing off rather than having to add.
    Yeah, replacing the platform was one of the first things I did with my XLV. I don't regret it at all. And I love me a clean wave. This is with just me and my wife in the boat. This pic was taken from the driver's seat, so I don't have the advantage of perspective like it'd be if someone was taking the same pic from down low near the surfer.

Admittedly, I'm running an extra ~600 pounds on the surf side under the seats and under the bow seat. I don't run my starboard full however. usually just to the point where my slalom ski in that locker tops out on the part of it that sticks under the seats... I'd guess half +/-.

Even with a suck gate, I still list my boat and still put more people on the surf side. The gate just makes it a touch cleaner and longer. And people more forward also helps my setup. I have a friend that is a little heavier that sits in the observer seat and it's perfect when they're along.

And yeah, plenty of push. The wife and son have actually complained that their back leg gets really tired from having to put on the brakes a lot! hahaha. I know it's not the best wave on the planet, but I'm easily on par (sometimes I think mine's better) with the stock wave on my Buddy's G23. So that makes be feel good.
    Last edited by trayson; 06-13-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

first surf of the year, still needing to dial in the new boat, but im glad we went with the 1140s before evening putting the boat in the water. On the demo last year with a 16 craz surf addition could not go ropless, cant wait to play with the wave even more first surf.jpg
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds