Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

I hear ya Trason, it all works. I still list mine just slightly. I run the surf side bag for about 2 minutes longer than the non surf side. When I am switching sides I empty the current surf side and fill the new surf side for the amount of time it takes to change the suck gate over to the other side and done. That takes about two minutes to complete and out surfing again. There really is no wasted time because boards are also being swapped and life vest being put on also. The Suck Gate has made a huge difference in the time it takes to switch from goofy to normal and back again. Unless there are more than just me and the wife on the boat, sides will be changed.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by stevemarich View Post
    first surf of the year, still needing to dial in the new boat, but im glad we went with the 1140s before evening putting the boat in the water. On the demo last year with a 16 craz surf addition could not go ropless, cant wait to play with the wave even more Attachment 25751
    Great plan doing the upgrades. It has to be done. Looks good so far.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I hear ya Trason, it all works. I still list mine just slightly. I run the surf side bag for about 2 minutes longer than the non surf side. When I am switching sides I empty the current surf side and fill the new surf side for the amount of time it takes to change the suck gate over to the other side and done. That takes about two minutes to complete and out surfing again. There really is no wasted time because boards are also being swapped and life vest being put on also. The Suck Gate has made a huge difference in the time it takes to switch from goofy to normal and back again. Unless there are more than just me and the wife on the boat, sides will be changed.
    Oh, I keep forgetting about that other world out there called "GOOFY". it's odd, but me/wife/son all ride regular, and pretty much all my friends that ride are also regular. So the times I've ever needed to swap my boat to goofy I can probably count on one hand. I'd be more like your setup if I needed to swap. But since it's pretty much all regular for us, that's why I throw down on the extra weight under the seats. I mean, with the new boats, the Enzo bags are all the rage, and my 1100 rear + my 400 under the surfside seat = Enzo bag.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

thanks 5:00 , all the info on this forum has been super helpful.
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Oh, I keep forgetting about that other world out there called "GOOFY". it's odd, but me/wife/son all ride regular, and pretty much all my friends that ride are also regular. So the times I've ever needed to swap my boat to goofy I can probably count on one hand. I'd be more like your setup if I needed to swap. But since it's pretty much all regular for us, that's why I throw down on the extra weight under the seats. I mean, with the new boats, the Enzo bags are all the rage, and my 1100 rear + my 400 under the surfside seat = Enzo bag.
    That makes sense with the static weight you have. We are a goofy family in more ways than one. Funny thing is that most of us are goofy and friends also. I will be keeping those friends! I started learning to ride regular last season just so I didn't have to switch over the boat. Not an issue now.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Got the sun deck complete before the weekend! Damn I just realized I didn't get a photo of the whole thing. The light colors are nice, no more burns from touching dark vinyl.

I turned a guest room into my "3D Vinyl Engineering Laboratory". I had to put a sign up because my wife was teasing me about sewing. I just left the bed frame in place and threw a couple of saw horses and a 4x8 sheet of plywood down.

The first pic is before installing the latch/lock. It was a little stressful cutting a hole in the top after finishing the rest but it was the last step.

2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Replacing the swim platform was the change that made that wave. No more of that lip digging in. I had no idea it would make that much difference. I already had everything else listed in my signature. My wife and I were the only two on the boat the first time we cranked up that wave this year. We couldn't believe it. It also has push which I was afraid it wouldn't have. We got almost that same wave with only two of us on board. I also found the wake plate had to be almost all the way down to clean the wave where it used to be only half way down. I still need to fine tune but working well so far.

That wave in the pic is with 5 people on board. I sent three to the front and it didn't lengthen the wave at all even with full locker up front. I finally dropped the rear bags to about 2/3 full and still had a crazy tall wave and a bit longer. I am going to try the rear bags half full this weekend and see what happens. Glad to be backing off rather than having to add.
    Oh man...I was almost hoping it wouldn't make that much difference and I could put this project off for a while. Welp I'm off to the plastic store after work. I already had the print shop make me a template from the file you sent. I also increased it by 10% like you recommended. New surf platform project time....

Looks great, glad the wave is kicking! Now I have some work to do this weekend.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Oh man...I was almost hoping it wouldn't make that much difference and I could put this project off for a while. Welp I'm off to the plastic store after work. I already had the print shop make me a template from the file you sent. I also increased it by 10% like you recommended. New surf platform project time....

Looks great, glad the wave is kicking! Now I have some work to do this weekend.
    There are people who argue the whole swim platform thing. I just watched the platform dig into the water while surfing and now you can see the water go around the deck. I need to get a pic of that.

I would print it out first and check it against your brackets before ordering the plastic. If you really want to be sure increase it to 20% and it is a done deal. Mine works for me but in hind sight a bit bigger would have been just right.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Nice matching boat and garage.
    Thank you sir! I have two bays in the front for storage and walled off the back half of the building with a single door on the back wall for my shop to tinker in.

2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Thank you sir! I have two bays in the front for storage and walled off the back half of the building with a single door on the back wall for my shop to tinker in.

Damn is that a lift? Nice setup! I have a 1.5 car garage that my wife's car lives in. I have to kick it out for projects but I am glad to have that. Of course neither my truck or boat fit into it.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap