Default Swim platform breaking

My swim platform keeps breaking off the brackets. I have finally epoxied one side but the other side has now broken off.

Any ideas?

I was thinking of running bolts through the platform with rounded bolt heads on top rather than screws into the platform. I'm also wondering if the swim platform is too low on the boat and I should put some sort of spacer between the bracket and the deck to raise it up a bit.

Thanks for the advice.

2013 Moomba Outback V--Pretty much stock everything. Upgraded starboard bag but this was happening before I upgraded the bag.

Jon Hathaway

Knock on wood, I have never had any problems with the platform with my '13 OBV and I have been running 900# sacs in both lockers for the last two years. Maybe there were some manufacturing defects on yours?? Might be worth a trip to the dealer and see if they can help you out or at least get you new brackets and platform at cost?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Just to update--we had the local shop peel off the swim deck pad, place stainless steel bolts through the fiberglass (which they reinforced) and brackets and then glue the pad back down. Looks great and works great so far. I also replaced the quick release pins with stainless steel bolts since we rarely take the platform off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackmeister View Post
    Just to update--we had the local shop peel off the swim deck pad, place stainless steel bolts through the fiberglass (which they reinforced) and brackets and then glue the pad back down. Looks great and works great so far. I also replaced the quick release pins with stainless steel bolts since we rarely take the platform off.
    Do you remember what size bolts you used? I have to take mine off every time so I'm not going to bolt it but I do want to replace the pins as they are getting very hard to remove.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I used 1/4 inch stainless steel bolts and they seem to be working great.