Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have a nice harry Potter scar from Wake surfing years ago. Nosed the front in, and the board went straight in the air. When I surfaced the fin came down and knocked me Bat S#!t silly. It was Crimson tide too. There was blood everywhere and I was unconscious in the lake bleedin like a stuck hog. Got stitched up and was drinking beer 3 hours later. Needless to say, I always wear a lid now. Call me a nerd, whatever.... I dont care.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Damn, never heard of a hard core wake surf injury before!
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I'll admit that I don't wear my helmet surfing... But I've never taken a fin to the face either! Yikes!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

After rupturing an ear drum from a fall I really like having a helmet with ear pads. Trying to learn 360s jumping the wake greatly increased my appreciation for helmets as I kept landing bad and would smack the back of my head against the water. If nothing else it is a security blanket for me now.

Pretty sure there's no documented evidence that states it's any safer or provides any added protection. When it comes to obstacles involved (sliders/rails) that's a whole different beast and helmets would definitely be justifiable. But when it comes to wake riding, momentum is momentum, and it can be damaging when it comes to an abrupt stop. I've ridden a wakeboard for 15 years and have experienced some serious falls (bruised ribs, busted eardrum, head laceration, board exploded underfoot and been generally knocked silly), but luckily haven't blacked out to date (knock on wood). Other than the cut on my head from the board running into me, I can't say that a helmet would have been any more beneficial.

With that said, if it makes you feel safer, all the more power to you. Although, be aware, if others see you in a helmet, they're going to expect something impressive behind the boat.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Sometimes it's better to say nothing at all.
    100% agreed
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MMPRES View Post
    With that said, if it makes you feel safer, all the more power to you. Although, be aware, if others see you in a helmet, they're going to expect something impressive behind the boat.
    Haha too funny. I have thought that also. I am thinking other boats are looking at me and saying "when is he going to do something good, he has a helmet on"?

I will take the something over nothing as well. There is some padding there, not much but I will gladly take it. Once concussed you are more susceptible so I do what I can.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by MMPRES View Post
    Pretty sure there's no documented evidence that states it's any safer or provides any added protection. When it comes to obstacles involved (sliders/rails) that's a whole different beast and helmets would definitely be justifiable. But when it comes to wake riding, momentum is momentum, and it can be damaging when it comes to an abrupt stop. I've ridden a wakeboard for 15 years and have experienced some serious falls (bruised ribs, busted eardrum, head laceration, board exploded underfoot and been generally knocked silly), but luckily haven't blacked out to date (knock on wood). Other than the cut on my head from the board running into me, I can't say that a helmet would have been any more beneficial.

I've ridden a motorcycle for many years and crashed on my motorcycle a handful of times on the road and on the racetrack... None of my crashes involved any kind of head impact, so I'm sure that I don't need a helmet when I ride my motorcycle either...

I just wear a helmet wakeboarding and wakefoiling so that people think I can do impressive things...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Both my kids wear one. Two reasons. The first is we have the chrome one that is reflective and you can see them in the water better and we have had two concussions last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk