I live in Bostic, NC. I normally boat on lake James in Marion, NC

Default Need first wake surfboard help

So as I'm getting to round and out of shape to wakeboard anymore. We're going to start wakesurfing! Got ballast upgrades coming but I don't know a lot about wakesurf boards. I need a good board, funds are tight tho. The normal lake crew is me my friend and wife and kid. I'm 5'11" 235# my buddy's right there with me but the wife is far less and my son may blow off the board at 10 mph lol. I need 1-2 boards that would be good to learn on, for the whole crew. I don't won't somthin that we will out grow quickly. I don't care if there new or used boards and the wife is the only one that concerned with color.

Boat info: 2011 xlv
    1100# in each rear locker.
    1000# in center ski locker
    500# ibs bag
    I'll have the stock 400# to move around if needed
    And som kind of wake shaper not got that nailed down yet

Any help would be great thanks so much happy boating
    2011 Xlv with 325hp and stock Gravity lll

For you and your buddy look for something in the 4-8x20 ish range. For the smaller riders maybe 4-2 to 4-6 range.

Check these guys out. Beautiful wood boards with shapes you won't progres past until you start looking to do big airs. Everyone one at every level loves them. They are also less boyant then foam so if you are just starting out the starts will be a lot easier.

They are selling a bunch of last years demos - some at really reduced $$$

https://artisansurf.com/shop?olsFocu...sPage=products
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Get a surf gate too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

We got a lot of people up on the Ronix Marshmellow Thrasher. It is easy to ride and pretty forgiving. It is a surf style. You will outgrow it eventually but it is our go to board for just cruising and learning so we kept it. It is just over $300 new. It should work for everyone for the most part but for the light weight people it will be a bit hard for them to flip up because it is a really buoyant surf style. For the little one's you may want to get a grom board. There may be some people on here who are ready to part with them?
    The way we got them up quickly was to thread the rope through the cage to come out on the side rather than straight back. There is no wake or wash there and no "waterfall" to go over.
    As mentioned above a suck gate is a must. It will change your life. If you don't want to make one Brain_rinse on here makes them at a very reasonable price.
    Last edited by 5:00; 05-31-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    We got a lot of people up on the Ronix Marshmellow Thrasher. It is easy to ride and pretty forgiving. It is a surf style. You will outgrow it eventually but it is our go to board for just cruising and learning so we kept it. It is just over $300 new. It should work for everyone for the most part but for the light weight people it will be a bit hard for them to flip up because it is a really buoyant surf style. For the little one's you may want to get a grom board. There may be some people on here who are ready to part with them?
    The way we got them up quickly was to thread the rope through the cage to come out on the side rather than straight back. There is no wake or wash there and no "waterfall" to go over.
    As mentioned above a suck gate is a must. It will change your life. If you don't want to make one Brain_rinse on here makes them at a very reasonable price.
    thanks for the info I already contacted Brain_rinse about a suck gate.

we had also been looking at the marshmellow thrasher and the hyperlite broadcast. any experience with the broadcast.

I had the Broadcast as my first board and sold it. I am really kicking myself for getting rid of it. The Marshmellow Thrasher is its replacement. The broadcast is a good basic board, cheap, forgiving and good for learning. It is a cruiser so you will grow out of it as well but it is great to have a board or two to teach others on. The small fast boards are difficult to learn on so an entry board isn't a bad idea.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I still have the Broadcast and the kids use it all of the time like a kneeboard that you can stand up on with a long line. Teach new surfers on it all the time too.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I bought a CWB Bently and regret it badly. Replaced with hyperlite shim and love it. For some reason I cannot surf the bently at all. Not even a little bit. No rope... no go. When I get on the shim as soon as im up I toss the rope.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Thanks for all the input. We're looking real hard at the hyperlite broadcast. And that marshmallow thrasher.