Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2016 Mojo ballast upgrade/weight distribution

I just started surfing last year when we bought the 2016 Mojo Surf Edition, I picked up pretty quick on how to get up, ride, and stay in the sweet spot without the rope... since then I feel my progress has halted and after looking at other boats and ours I really feel like its the wave. I'm not saying that's 100% it, but any other centurion, malibu, nautique, mastercraft just makes a much LONGER wave. Our 2016 Mojo loaded down with full factory ballast and usually 4 people has a good steep wave IMO, but it lacks any length and makes the sweet spot feel short and unforgiving.

When we bought the boat initially I read it loves weight, just load it down with weight... so I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on where to add ballast and how much to give us a longer cleaner wave without losing any height either. Typically it looks like adding overall weight throughout the boat and some in the nose will do it, but I know there are enough option in the auto wake on % for each tab to make a difference too. I'm afraid that just going to dual 1100s in the rear will only make it steeper and not help with the length or cleaning up the wake.

I'll post a link below of me just playing around from earlier today. Any tips or advice on how to get a longer cleaner wave would be great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU2j...ature=youtu.be

You need more nose weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

That wave looks soft to me. I'd def go 1100's and maybe a 750 in the bow at about 10.8-11.2 mph

Quote Originally Posted by padge View Post
    That wave looks soft to me. I'd def go 1100's and maybe a 750 in the bow at about 10.8-11.2 mph

750 bow? You mean an external bag in addition to the factory 500 right? I know the 500 already pops the cup holders out when full lol

Or a tube in the walkway.

2017 Moomba Craz

When we threw the extra big bags in the rear we got a sweet looking wave. However looks aren't always key. When I actually rode the wave the smaller (more weight up front) made the wave much longer and easier to ride. My helix is much taller then my buddies Nautique so the wave looks so much different from the boat then the wave from his. But they ride pretty close!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Or a tube in the walkway.

something like this then? https://www.buywake.com/straight-lin...ey-ballast-bag
    I measured our front walk way just now and its only about 13 inches from side to side, this bag is 20x20. I guess as it fills it will conform to the sides?

or there are the normal bow bags like this that I've seen in the past https://www.buywake.com/straight-lin...ey-ballast-bag

been eyeballing wakemakers plug n play kits for the rear lockers, guess I waited too late along with everyone else... been showing "more on the way soon" for a couple of weeks now. Guess once they are back in stock I need to grab them along with a bow or tube bag like you guys requested. Really hoping to get the boat dialed in this year. I've never surfed behind anything else, I've made friends with a couple of G23 owners and am hoping to surf their boats soon to compare. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalheart View Post
    750 bow? You mean an external bag in addition to the factory 500 right? I know the 500 already pops the cup holders out when full lol
    Yes an additional 750 on the seats

If you have a center seat you can you a bow triangle. I would just throw a 400 or 750 tube in the walkway

2017 Moomba Craz

So you guys think with dual 1100s rear and a center/front bag I should be able to get something similar to the 17 Mojos with factory 3000lb ballast? (I know it has new wake system, but same hull as 2016) That looks damn good for a value wake boat IMO!