Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would get another source, like your dealer. I thought v drive units get motor oil, not trans fluid.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Darter View Post
    I would get another source, like your dealer. I thought v drive units get motor oil, not trans fluid.
    The new Indmar v-drive units use Mobil Delvac synthetic.

Just clarifying, because Delvac is an engine oil, not trans fluid like mentioned earlier.

2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Darter View Post
    Just clarifying, because Delvac is an engine oil, not trans fluid like mentioned earlier.

The sticker on the v-drive says "Mobil delvac transmission fluid 50". That's the only reason I referred to is as such. You guys are definitely way more knowledgeable in this area than I am. I was just reading the sticker.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Ok let's clear this up

The reason we have confusion is it's being called Transmission Fluid.

The V drive is a gear system.

But manual transmissions are gears and still a transmission lol

We put Trans fruit in automatic trans and gear oil in manual most of the time.

It's all nomenclature.

Read the below and it will clear things up hopefully.

Mobil Delvac Synthetic Transmission Fluid 50 is a fully synthetic, manual transmission lubricant engineered to meet the most demanding extended drain and OEM warranty requirements. It is recommended for year-round lubrication of manual transmissions in light to severe duty on- and off-highway equipment operating in a wide range of environments. Designed to provide maximum protection and extended operating life to heavy duty transmissions, Mobil Delvac Synthetic Transmission Fluid 50 provides significant advantages over conventional sulphur-phosphorus gear oils, including outstanding high-temperature performance, oxidation stability, wear protection, and corrosion control.

It has the same viscosity as most SAE 50 engine oils and SAE 90 gear lubricants at the high end of the temperature-viscosity scale, and because of its inherently high viscosity index, it provides stronger film strength at higher temperatures than conventional oils. Mobil Delvac Synthetic Transmission Fluid 50 also ensures effective lubrication at below freezing temperatures without channelling.

The outstanding performance of this product is confirmed by its approval for heavy-duty transmissions covered by Eaton Roadranger and Extended Warranties of 750,000 miles, with oil drains of 500,000 miles. It is also approved by Mack against its TO-A Plus 500,000 mile extended service classification. Mobil Delvac Synthetic Transmission Fluid 50 meets or exceeds the requirements of the API service MT-1 EP gear oil service classification and is recommened by ExxonMobil for use in transmissions and gear cases where API Service GL-1 through GL-4 gear protection is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Very good info. Thanks!

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

500,000 miles in a truck, annually/300 hrs in a boat. Seems unnecessary to change it for a second time in 100 hrs... (Once at break in service and again before it's second season with 100 hrs on the clock). Although, if that's what the manual calls for, I guess that's what I'm doing.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

So this is my manual for the Indmar 400 in my 2018 Max.

It lists too many V drive and gear boxes for me to understand. I will have a mechanic help me do the fluid change, but I need to know what I need to buy. This just pertains to the V Drive and transmission. Oil changes I can do my self.
    Thanks in advance

I found another page that shows the amounts. I don't know which transmission they used in my boat.

Last edited by jimmsch; 06-13-2020 at 04:48 PM.
    2018 Moomba Max - 400 Raptor - 6 pump ballast - auto wake 2 - flow 2 - gps zero off