Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life Jackets

Default Life Jackets

So this is the first weekend I'll have a decent sized crew on my new Craz....when it comes to life jackets, do y'all keep a general ratio of jackets on board? Like a mix of adult and youth jackets of varying sizes?

I have a few neoprene riding jackets but need to stock up on more jackets in case I get boarded by Texas Parks & Wildlife...

What is the "real person" capacity to be comfortable and not on everyone's toes? It can't possibly be the stated number unless it was all kids...
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

I'd say ten people would be a crowd in my opinion. I've got a 247 lsv and I don't know that I've had over ten people. But I'm not really the type to say more the merrier lol. Especially when not everyone's standards of takin. Care of something are different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do y'all keep a general ratio of jackets on board? Like a mix of adult and youth jackets of varying sizes?
    I myself keep enough jackets for how many people I will have in the boat. Now I do have quite a few jackets and snag them from the garage if needed. Also it's good to find who's bringing their own so you don't have to carry more then you need.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I try to keep 1 or 2 extra over the # of people on board. Also keep the throwable right next to my left foot under the helm on edge against the wall. Sits there perfectly.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I have two young kids that always have theirs on. I also have four of the ugly basic boat bag of jackets readily accessible. When we go out and have others with us I find out if the kids have their own and if not approximate weight so I can provide one for them. For adults I have XXL down to a small. My wife does not share her jacket so can't count her's towards another rider. We don't share wet suits, guess she feels the same way about her life jacket, LOL.

I would say at any given time I don't have less than 10 life jackets on board.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Here, kids are required to always wear a life jacket on a boat so it is mandatory on my part that parents have life jackets for their kids and to bring them along. If they don't have them, I give the parents a good lecture and expect them before they board the boat which could be as easy as picking one off the jacket board at the dock. I don't carry but a few adult life jackets as I have a ski boat with very little space for them and it is not the cruise ship Lollipop. I usually muster some up at home but I need sizes first. Life jackets on kids is a weak spot as there have been way too many drownings here over the years of kids so they have jackets available at the docks hanging on a board for those who do not have one.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

My Dad made adults and kids wear life jackets at all times on the boat. Kids even if they were on shore anywhere near the dock. Why? Under the right (wrong) circumstances an adult in the water with no life jacket will drown a kid wearing one in order to save himself. I don't enforce his rule but I am cognizant of the reasons for it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that the law is you MUST have proper fitting life jacket for EVERY person on the boat. I know I was pulled over years ago, on the lake, by the sheriff and he made everyone hold up a life jacket to make sure we all had them. They were doing a random check on the lake that day. Costco has great neoprene vests for like $39 right now. Great place to grab a few extra.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Thanks for the input everyone! Just trying to be prepared and at the same time, acquire jackets that will get the most use.
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by 996scott View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the law is you MUST have proper fitting life jacket for EVERY person on the boat. I know I was pulled over years ago, on the lake, by the sheriff and he made everyone hold up a life jacket to make sure we all had them. They were doing a random check on the lake that day. Costco has great neoprene vests for like $39 right now. Great place to grab a few extra.
    Over the years I have bought a few from Costco each summer to use as "Boat Jackets". I no longer have any nylon jackets on the boat except for my four yellow basic CCA emergency ones
    basic-life-jacket.jpg
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig