Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Life Jackets

Gotta have em. they have them 4 packs now in vests so you do not have to put them ugly orange ones in your boat. Gander Mountain is where I found a pack of them.
    2017 Moomba Craz
    Max Surf edition
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X

Just be sure to check with your state/local regs. Here in WI there must be one wearable USCG on board for every passenger, can be stowed. All children under 13 must be wearing a USCG. Plus have to have one throwable/non-wearable at the ready. Riders 13 and up are not required to wear a jacket.

So, we have 6 of the cheap ugly orange vests stowed and a throwable by the driver. We keep in the garage one of each size of neoprene for riders (we personally require all riders behind our boat to wear one, unless in a wetsuit) and bring along only the ones that are needed for the day.
    2004 Mobius LS - hooked on footin'
    Former tow: 1986 Chaparral 178 XL, 90hp Merc
    First tow: 197x Glasspar Citation, 135hp Merc

Quote Originally Posted by Darter View Post
    Just be sure to check with your state/local regs. Here in WI there must be one wearable USCG on board for every passenger, can be stowed. All children under 13 must be wearing a USCG. Plus have to have one throwable/non-wearable at the ready. Riders 13 and up are not required to wear a jacket.
    I think you mean boat riders.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I guess said it two different ways there, didn't I...

WI law requires a lifejacket for each person on, in, or behind the vessel, but none need to wear unless under 13. Older towed riders can go jacket-less (bad idea though, IMHO).

WI law requires a lifejacket for each person on, in, or behind the vessel, but none need to wear unless under 13. Older towed riders can go jacket-less (bad idea though, IMHO).
    Wow. Most places if you are towed you have to wear a USCG approved one-- technically even the rider vests don't comply.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Dick's Sports has buy one get one free on all their life vests right now. Also some good deals on towables.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Round here, the comp vests are not considered life saving devices because they wont right you, or keep your head above water. Although I have been stopped many times by the DNR and they never mentioned that fact even once.
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

I looked this up. I obviously knew that here in wi you just need the kids to wear jackets at all times, and just stow enough for people on board. But I always thought a rider, tuber, surfer, whatever, needed a jacket. Apparently not? Wtf??? I always wear one but could have sworn it was a law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by s281cheddar View Post
    I looked this up. I obviously knew that here in wi you just need the kids to wear jackets at all times, and just stow enough for people on board. But I always thought a rider, tuber, surfer, whatever, needed a jacket. Apparently not? Wtf??? I always wear one but could have sworn it was a law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I've been skiing for 35 years and wouldn't dare tow someone without flotation, so it blew me away when I read that. And here we can't get a stupid mirror law passed!

The good thing is that I have never had to tell anyone being towed on anything to wear a vest. I guess everyone just knows to do it. Even teenagers just put them on without a word. I can't imagine towing anyone on anything without a vest.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap