Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Chaos makes wake specific fins. I ride the flare fins in my neo. So much more drive than the stock fins. Spin ability is similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    Chaos makes wake specific fins. I ride the flare fins in my neo. So much more drive than the stock fins. Spin ability is similar.

Did you replace all four, or just the larger, outer two fins?

I'm having to give myself an internet based crash course in hydrodynamics...I fly airplanes and there are similarities, but only in principle...not practice.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Two outside fins.

2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Thanks Trayson, will be fun to get out again in December. Christmas time is a bit crazy, it's busy for lessons, busy for traditions and also year end at work.

Is it bad that prior to this post I had not heard of Parker Soulcraft? I mean, not available through Wake Makers, not at my local dealer Marine Products, are they even retailed in Utah or on the West Coast?
    I'm not surprised you wouldn't have heard of them. They're new to the game. It's one of our Moomba forum members that decided to start shaping his boards. Beyond word of mouth on the forum the biggest splash has been the good showing at Southern Surf Fest.

Here was the post that started it all, which was almost exactly one year ago.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....r-on-the-forum

Of course, I ran into the same thing with Doomswell. The only reason I knew about them was because buddy had flown to Texas and attended an event where they were featured and in turn bought one. I got to ride it and fell in love. There weren't a lot of people on the forums that had an opportunity to try one on their own, so they listened to people like me that had. In turn, they've developed a decent following. The same thing is happening with Parker Surfcraft. They're getting great word of mouth, attending whatever regional events they can, and got great reviews at SSF.

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    I have no idea what's going on in this thread, but I want some new fins for my Neo now. Sounds like John John Grom or Blackstix. -> ->
    What? get this thread back from completely off topic towards the first tangent of fins??? LOLOL. Yeah, it's sparked my curiosity too. I'm going to run out on my lunch hour and snag the Grom John set in a few minutes...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by PuraVida View Post
    Two outside fins.

Large or medium? Sorry for all the questions, like I said I'm trying to soak up info.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

I was recommended the large size because I am 230lbs. Tempted the try the mediums to see if they spin better but overall I am happy with the large ones.

2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Did you replace all four, or just the larger, outer two fins?

I'm having to give myself an internet based crash course in hydrodynamics...I fly airplanes and there are similarities, but only in principle...not practice.
    I only ride with the two bigger fins. With the quad it stuck so hard in the wave that I couldn't kick the board out sideways. So it's definitely been just two fins for me.
    sideways.jpg
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I actually just got a wakewood Sputnik I am dying to try
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Lynbrook High School and SUNY Potsdam.

Snowbird is still turning lifts on Weekends. Crazy the amount of snow we had this year. Brighton reported over 600 inches.
    Potsdam - I went to Clarkson!
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    Potsdam - I went to Clarkson!
    That's awesome, I was very close to continuing to Clarkson for my MBA, instead I got a job, and still don't have that MBA.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig