Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Back from my lunch hour shopping...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Back from my lunch hour shopping...
    Nice. Let us know what you think. Those babies are going to rip!
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by muehlcj View Post
    Nice. Let us know what you think. Those babies are going to rip!
    I will. So, I've got a buddy that rides a custom LakeWakes Area 51 board that Mark custom made for him. he's a bigger rider, so it's wider and longer than my nubstep, but with a blunt nose to keep the overall length down. It's still 4'6" but with the blunt nose rides like something longer for sure. It was made for riders 200 to 220 (which he is). I've ridden it and I honestly don't like it as it's too much board for me.

If I wanted to let my friend take a spin with my new fins, do you think he'd enjoy them also? Or would they not be appropriate for a bit heavier rider (me in contrast being ~165 and 5'10 with a 4'6 nubstep). I'd imagine since our riding styles are similar and he has a board that he loves that he might likewise enjoy the performance of the new fins. And it'd only take a minute to swap them over to his board for a demo...
    Last edited by trayson; 06-08-2017 at 05:10 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Now you have me thinking about fins! I have a Soulcraft HC Pro. It came with Futures F4 plastic fins. Would I benefit with going with the John Johns too?
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Yes or the futures blackstix f4 I have those in my DW drone and like them a lot
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    Now you have me thinking about fins! I have a Soulcraft HC Pro. It came with Futures F4 plastic fins. Would I benefit with going with the John Johns too?

I just made this swap on a walker project board. Took a quick ride yesterday afternoon and there was a noticeable difference in loseness.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I just made this swap on a walker project board. Took a quick ride yesterday afternoon and there was a noticeable difference in loseness.

Did you go with the blackstix or the john john?
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    Did you go with the blackstix or the john john?
    John john

2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Trayson

If you don't like them I'll buy them from you
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I will. So, I've got a buddy that rides a custom LakeWakes Area 51 board that Mark custom made for him. he's a bigger rider, so it's wider and longer than my nubstep, but with a blunt nose to keep the overall length down. It's still 4'6" but with the blunt nose rides like something longer for sure. It was made for riders 200 to 220 (which he is). I've ridden it and I honestly don't like it as it's too much board for me.

If I wanted to let my friend take a spin with my new fins, do you think he'd enjoy them also? Or would they not be appropriate for a bit heavier rider (me in contrast being ~165 and 5'10 with a 4'6 nubstep). I'd imagine since our riding styles are similar and he has a board that he loves that he might likewise enjoy the performance of the new fins. And it'd only take a minute to swap them over to his board for a demo...
    Yes - they are sized appropriately for your friend and his board. Have him give them a rip. Fins are easy and fun. Get half a dozen sets and play around.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo