Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LSV Prop

In fact the guy at acme said I'd be fine with a 15.5" (2921) but I was concerned of excessive noise/vibration. My local prop shop said they'll let me know if they get one in so I can try it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

IMG_1360.jpg

These may help.

My boat came with the OJ 14.25x14 (Growler). So a 15" diameter prop is only decreasing the prop/hull clearance by 3/8 of an inch. I would have raised my rear bunks a 1/2" to clear prop guard horizontal support better as a precaution; but I only unload and load my boat once per season. I'd just be careful to make sure the boat is off the trailer or floating before starting the engine. If I recall, a couple years ago there was debate about the 08 LSV trailer clearance with the acme 1235 (14.5x14). It seemed like 50% of folks had clearance issues and 50% didn't. This is why Acme created the 1847 and 1433 props. When I talked to the guys at Boatmate; they said they just use ABS blocks as spacers. Should be a relatively easy project if you have trailer clearance issues; And worth the effort. Plus you'll save a ton of money working your local prop shop to fine tune (re pitch or cup) your prop vs wakemakers talking out of $500+ for a new prop every season. This will be my first season with the 2315 (15x12). So far so good. What I noticed immediately, was the 2315 really pushes and keeps the bow down. I don't have an IBS and had to rely on the center ballast and human weight in the bow. With the 2315 and a larger center locker bag I don't think I need an IBS at all. But the weather hasn't afforded me much time on the water. I'll report back as the summer rolls on and if I get a chance to try the 15.5!

I upgraded the center bag to the fh 580# 11005. About 1.5" - 2" to wide for the locker, but fills better than the stock.

As a side note; I tried the acme 1617 last season and it sucked. I mean really really sucked! Couldn't even get on plain. After about 3 hours of screwing with weight distribution, I threw the 1847 back on and was rocking a long and tall wake.

Sorry for the lengthy message.
    Last edited by Jeepers; 06-13-2017 at 03:59 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Thx for the lengthy!

Per the internet (which is always right), clearance to the hull shud be 10% of prop dia but there are guys running less than 1". I've got 2.25" of clearance w/ my 1433 but not a lot vs. the trailer (guessing the shaft angle variations mean you shud always measure). So, plenty of room for a 15" prop, just need to raise the bunks on the trailer.
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

Go for it! I'm so damn impressed with how my boat handles with the 2315! It took me awhile to recalibrate the surf wake. But it's all dialed in now. Fully loaded ballast; about 2,700 lbs plus 6 adults and I'm on plane immediately. WOT empty with just me = 5200 rpms (perfect), fully loaded = 4800 rpms. Surfing rpm 3000. The downside is I top out at 36-38mph. However, I live on a small lake and rarely run wot for any period of time. Adding additional cup would probably give me a couple extra mph, but my rpms are perfect (per Indmar).

The 2315 is a little louder than the 1847 but does not growl and vibrate like the OJ.

I love it!
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV