Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LSV Prop

Default LSV Prop

I have a 2011 LSV and this winter I added the Go Surf Assist tabs.
    I had 750 in the rear lockers, and I just upgraded to the 1,100.
    I'm lost my get up and it sounds like I'm struggling, so I was wondering if a different prop would help?

On a different note. With the bigger bags. What can I do to speed fill up times?
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have reversible pumps?
    As for the prop see what you have first as far as size/pitch and part number. You can then either upgrade to the ACME 1433 (14"x14.25") or the ACME 1617 (14"x13.75")if you are really struggling an are at elevation as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I have a 2011 LSV with 1100's in the rears also, I had an ACME 381 prop that came with my boat and it was struggling pretty bad when fully loaded, I switched to an ACME 537 last year and it was definitely better, no issues with getting up to speed/on plane. I just ordered a 1617 yesterday as all we do now is surf, I can tell you how that is after the weekend. Also make sure your wakeplate is all the way up, my boat wouldnt even get on plane with the 381 and the wakeplate down or partly down and fully loaded.
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

Default LSV Prop

Wakeplate down should HELP get it on plane, not hurt it. THE NEW boats, like my 2017 Craz , deploy all the tabs all the way down whenever you take off, to help me get on plane faster

2017 Moomba Craz

Yea, wakeplate down = bow down while wakeplate up = bow up. So, plate down till on plane then adjust.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ok sorry! Might have had it backwards, was trying to remember where my gauge was at but I thought it was up by default and I usually start there and then go the other way once I'm up to speed. Anyways yeah play around with it if you haven't yet, might make a difference.
    2011 Mobius LSV
    2005 Mobius LS (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Do you have reversible pumps?
    As for the prop see what you have first as far as size/pitch and part number. You can then either upgrade to the ACME 1433 (14"x14.25") or the ACME 1617 (14"x13.75")if you are really struggling an are at elevation as well.

I have the gravity 3 set up.

I'm not 100% sure on the prop. I bought the boat used. It says OJ 511 on it but I couldn't find any details on it. I was looking at the ACME 1617. But what's the big difference between that and the 1433?

Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by BT_48170 View Post
    I have a 2011 LSV with 1100's in the rears also, I had an ACME 381 prop that came with my boat and it was struggling pretty bad when fully loaded, I switched to an ACME 537 last year and it was definitely better, no issues with getting up to speed/on plane. I just ordered a 1617 yesterday as all we do now is surf, I can tell you how that is after the weekend. Also make sure your wakeplate is all the way up, my boat wouldnt even get on plane with the 381 and the wakeplate down or partly down and fully loaded.
    I think I'll have to go with the ACME 1617. But yes let me know how it works out for you. I agree that wake plate gage always confuses me. Sometimes I feel like it's saying the wrong way.

Default LSV Prop

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerdell View Post
    I have the gravity 3 set up.

I'm not 100% sure on the prop. I bought the boat used. It says OJ 511 on it but I couldn't find any details on it. I was looking at the ACME 1617. But what's the big difference between that and the 1433?

Thanks for the help

The gravity 3 just means 3 bags. Doesn't tell me whether they are reversible, but it a good chance if you have a 2011. Do you have the sprinkler valves above your v-drive that has a single aerator pump connected to that? Then you would also have 3 separate emptying aerator pumps if you have the older aerator setup.

Otherwise you will have 3 reversible pumps all mounted together on the transom.

As for the prop I couldn't find details on an OJ 511. The differences between the 1433 and the 1617 I indicated before in the parenthesies. The 1617 is a 1.5" lower pitch prop, so you lose some top in but it will pull like a tractor.
    Lower the pitch = more pulling power. Like the lower gears in your car or truck.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    The gravity 3 just means 3 bags. Doesn't tell me whether they are reversible, but it a good chance if you have a 2011. Do you have the sprinkler valves above your v-drive that has a single aerator pump connected to that? Then you would also have 3 separate emptying aerator pumps if you have the older aerator setup.

Otherwise you will have 3 reversible pumps all mounted together on the transom.

As for the prop I couldn't find details on an OJ 511. The differences between the 1433 and the 1617 I indicated before in the parenthesies. The 1617 is a 1.5" lower pitch prop, so you lose some top in but it will pull like a tractor.
    Lower the pitch = more pulling power. Like the lower gears in your car or truck.

Well I do more surfing than anything else. So I'm think the 1617. Same here when I got online I couldn't find anything on a OJ 511. Maybe I'm reading the numbers wrong.

As for the pumps I was reading up on the reversible and when I empty them it doesn't come out from above the water. If I remember correctly. There are only 3 pumps behind the rear bag on the port side.