Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes and you really need the boat off the trailer. I just made them at home then took everything I needed to the river with me one day and swapped them out in the parking lot near the launch. Battery drill driver was great.

On my old runabout I just lifted one side at a time off the bunk with a floor jack and some 2x10's. Switched old for new and let her back down. Didn't want to try to lift a Moomba that way though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Use at least "monel" if not stainless staples.
    What size staples?
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Depends on the thickness of your carpet. I think I used 3/8". The 5/16" would be OK for thinner carpet except for corners and stuff where you might be doubled up. Depends on how you fold/cut your corners when you wrap them.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Depends on the thickness of your carpet. I think I used 3/8". The 5/16" would be OK for thinner carpet except for corners and stuff where you might be doubled up. Depends on how you fold/cut your corners when you wrap them.
    I see specs for narrow/medium/wide crown on the various staple guns. That's the part I'm kinda confused on. Looks like the narrow crown staplers do 1/4" crown staples...

When I do this project I'm definitely not doing it with my spring loaded hand staple gun. And I'd probably have to do it at the dock, so using my air staple gun wouldn't work. I'd be tempted to throw down on the Ryobi 18v cordless one, but that only does 1/4" crown. I'm wondering if that would work.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Why wouldn't you measure them, cut them and cover them at home? Then take everything to the dock and switch them out after you off load the boat. Leave the scrap in a dumpster on the way home.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Why wouldn't you measure them, cut them and cover them at home? Then take everything to the dock and switch them out after you off load the boat. Leave the scrap in a dumpster on the way home.
    Because I obviously left my brain at home today. *facepalm*

You're 100% right. That said, I'd still be interested in knowing the crown staples that would be appropriate, even to do them at home as I sip on tasty beverages while running my air stapler...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

The correct staples are the ones that fit in the air gun. I have done bunks with a manual stapler. Not fun. If the ones that fit the gun are small just double or triple them up.

You could also consider using some glue under the carpet so less work for the staples to do. You never have to recover bunks-- they end up getting scrapped cuz you replace the whole thing so glue won't ever have to be scraped off.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!