Default New Moomba Owner & First Question

Hi all -

I'm new here - upgrading from a Sea Ray 205 I/O to a 2017 Craz (spray date was today, so counting down the days). I've been researching these forums for the last couple months, so thanks to everyone. I've learned a ton so far.

My first challenge will be figuring out the cover situation for the boat when sitting in our boat lift. We have a low profile boat lift canopy, so the tower needs to be folded down for the lift to go all the way up. My understanding is that the Moomba factory cover will not work with the tower folded down (but check me on that understanding). My dealer mentioned a customer had a custom one made locally, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has tackled this issue. Anyone covering their boat with the tower folded down? Recommendations?

Thanks again.

Ryan
    2017 Craz (on the way)

I have no issues with folding the tower with the cover on. 15 Mojo. Dk about the Craz. Does the tower hit the windshield when folded?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo

I have the Z5 bimini and cannot fold the tower with the cover on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

You cannot fold the tower with the cover on with the 2017 Bimini. It's totally different to the 2016 Bimini and earlier models on the aviator tower due to the aluminum legs that extend forward.
    I suggest you get a barn style canopy for your lift. That's what I did when I got my first wakeboard boat. I boat mine ffrom. Hewitt dealer.
    Sell your low profile canopy on Craigslist (also what I did).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Congrats!

Can you not fold the tower down and then put the cover on? Haven't tried on my boat as I don't need to and the boats a couple hours away so I can't try it.
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Congrats!

Can you not fold the tower down and then put the cover on? Haven't tried on my boat as I don't need to and the boats a couple hours away so I can't try it.
    Nope, not possible

2017 Moomba Craz

Sounds like I will for sure need to get a custom cover to go over the folded tower. (raising the canopy or going with a different type is not an option - HOA).

Thanks for the help.

Ryan
    2017 Moomba Craz (on the way)

Quote Originally Posted by rshook77 View Post
    raising the canopy or going with a different type is not an option - HOA
    How big is your HOA? Might be easier to amend the rules. Just a thought. Some of these only have 16 properties. Others have thousands. Also, many have no enforcement authority as they were not set up properly in the beginning. My brother had one of those-- no real authority to do anything.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I don't see why they would have an issue with a different canopy. Sounds ridiculous, and I live in an HOA as well.

2017 Moomba Craz