Threaded View

Default 2007 LSV no start

Got her out of the barn yesterday. Summerzied it, dragged to the lake. I jump in for the first start of the year while still attached to the trailer. Starts right up, no problems. All pressures, and temps come alive. I open the engine compartment as I always do on the first start to make sure I re-attached everything correctly. Sure enough the block hose was leaking where it screws together; I had forgotten to screw it back together. I shut off the motor, re-attach the hose, go to re-start, turn key to ON. I get all normal indications. Turn key to START.......nothing.

After 15 minutes blocking the ramp, I pull out and into the shade to crack a cold one and troubleshoot. I spend 4 hours there and nothing. Tow it home and get my mechanic friend to come help me track down the issue.

On the ramp I jumped the leads on the ignigtion switch, checked all fuses under dash and on the engine (the red one), I checked batt voltage, amperage all good. I even pulled a batt out of my Dmax to hook into the twin batt system on boat. No luck. I checked all three breakers in the batt compartment, all were in, so I cycled them. Checked that the kill lanyard was in and working.

At home we have voltage from switch to start relay, can jump solenoid and she turns over. I crossed leads on the neutral safety switch, no luck. 12 volts at starter relay, 12 volts at starter and ignition switch. Swapped relay with one of the others. Problem did not follow, it stayed.

Today I called Indmar, he said pull the entire neutral safety switch and cross the leads at the relay. Getting ready to try that, and potentially jump across the main breaker in the batt compartment.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Beejwest; 05-15-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    2007 LSV