Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won't start

Default Won't start

Second time out on our boat. Started fine at the doc, but we shut off in the middle of the lake and it did not start. We thought that maybe the battery was the problem at first. Our friends on lake happen to have a new extra battery with them. We hooked up and nothing. They were auto mechanics and found the solenoid and were able to fire it up. Any ideas what could be wrong? They thought maybe a relay?.
    Last edited by wiegs1; 05-13-2017 at 09:33 PM.

Neutral safety switch? You try moving the throttle back and forth a few times then making sure it clicked into neutral?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2007 Mobius LSV

Tow Vehicle 2003 F250 6.0 PSD

I did try that several time and no luck. Also tried messing with the safety switch below the throttle.

If you were able to start it by bypassing the ignition and going straight to the starter then most likely your neutral safety or emergency kill switch is your problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

What year boat? On our '08 we had an issue like yours and it turned out to be a worn out ignition switch.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    What year boat? On our '08 we had an issue like yours and it turned out to be a worn out ignition switch.
    It is a 2014. I feel we bought a lemon

Quick update..... the boat now turns over when I tried in the garage. Now I have no clue.

This really sounds like either the neutral safety switch or the dead-man switch. I'm not sure about the '14 trannys but the older NSS could be adjusted and would be touchy if not right. The dead-man switches can be finicky. Neither would lead me to think lemon.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

The dealer thinks there was some type of error code and resetting the main breaker for a minute will reset and allow to start. They think this was a fluke. Going to get a second opinion tomorrow

My 09 has a wonky ignition switch. You can always hotwire the switch to determine if thats the culprit
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug