Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

I agree a lot of the draw is that its the newest thing. I definately think airs are possible, maybe not for someone my size but down at Middleweight perhaps lol
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

I've found that the trick to surf foiling (as opposed to riding at wakeboard length) is to stay 3ish or more feet away from the actual wave (assuming the first wave, not several back). I kept getting launched when thinking I needed to ride in the pocket like regular surfing, but had no problem the first time I wandered further from the wave. Even with no ballast the wake has so much push that it will launch you out and you won't be able to burn off the speed and recover (until you are really really good, then you'll do it on purpose). I ride (have a Slingshot Infinity 84) with surf tab at 9.5mph and once you find the sweet spot you can ride straight all day long and slowly work on carving to gain and lose speed.
    2017 Moomba Helix

I got the original slingshot Wakefoil and it’s a blast. I’ve almost given up surfing for the most part... took me a little bit to drop the rope, but it’s a blast once I figured out how far away from the wave you can go, or riding the second wave back.

I passed the slingshot on to a friend and now have a full carbon setup... 200 wing on a 29” mast. Game changer to say the least! Our goal this summer is to get multiple surfers on both regular and goofy, will post a vid if we get it done.

Last edited by jph3; 05-30-2019 at 11:42 PM.

How much for a carbon setup?
    2018 Supra SL400

If you watch for deals, around $1000 for the foil setup. I’d recommend going to foilmount.com and getting a board that makes the most sense or buying that new singshot wf2... or finding a rep that can get you a deal. I have a couple boards that I use because I also take it to the ocean and surf the small stuff with the same foil.

Quote Originally Posted by jph3 View Post
    I got the original slingshot Wakefoil and it’s a blast. I’ve almost given up surfing for the most part... took me a little bit to drop the rope, but it’s a blast once I figured out how far away from the wave you can go, or riding the second wave back.

I passed the slingshot on to a friend and now have a full carbon setup... 200 wing on a 29” mast. Game changer to say the least! Our goal this summer is to get multiple surfers on both regular and goofy, will post a vid if we get it done.

I have the slingshot wakefoil setup with the standard wing (H5 wing I think? it's the blue one, LOL). What setup would you recommend for surfing?? How far forward or back should I mount the mast on the board? Should I use the 24" or the 30" mast? How much ballast should I use?

Do you think it's really worth the money to get a bigger wing? or is my wing just fine?

Like I said, I can comfortably ride at wakeboard length, so surfing is the next thing.
    Last edited by trayson; 05-31-2019 at 12:00 PM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I have the slingshot wakefoil setup with the standard wing (H5 wing I think? it's the blue one, LOL). What setup would you recommend for surfing?? How far forward or back should I mount the mast on the board? Should I use the 24" or the 30" mast? How much ballast should I use?

Do you think it's really worth the money to get a bigger wing? or is my wing just fine?

Like I said, I can comfortably ride at wakeboard length, so surfing is the next thing.
    The bigger the wing the more lift... so it just depends on what you want to do. i am able to pump back and forth to ride both sides, and I am trying to figure out best way to ride 4th and 5th wave back. I would read this and see what would best suit you, but the best thing would be to master that H5 either way while you have it.

(check chart at very bottom of page... its very accurate for the ones I have ridden: http://www.mackiteboarding.com/Foilb...Fridays-Ep-01/)

As for setup, I am running between 11-11.7, weight it evenly so both sides throw a killer second wave specifically. I rode my Slingshot behind a G23 fully ballasted and it just wasnt all that fun. Too much bucking/throwing.

Definitely try surfing it outside into the flats... you will find the push is in a weird spot, and then you use the carve to slow it back down as you come back into the wave. I spent way too much time going forward and back, and I should have been more concerned utilizing all 360* of the wave... very different from just wakesurfing alone.

The next toy on the list is a slingwing... been watching prices since others have released theirs (Naish, etc), but I have a pro deal that hopefully comes in June. Will be fun to use when the winds pick up at our local lake.

Slingshot is just a few hours away from me. I know a guy... that's what allowed me to pull the trigger on the wakefoil. I even drove out to their warehouse and picked it up to avoid big dollar shipping costs. (skip shipping and give the warehouse guy a 6-pack).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    Slingshot is just a few hours away from me. I know a guy... that's what allowed me to pull the trigger on the wakefoil. I even drove out to their warehouse and picked it up to avoid big dollar shipping costs. (skip shipping and give the warehouse guy a 6-pack).
    Come On! Hook up central!! I would ask them to try the new 84 wing for a day, guarantee you they have a demo. Also see if you can get a slingwing to try

Still enjoying my Slingshot foil. Any better suggestions for storage/transport? The bulk of the foil inside the boat is the only downside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there