Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    its a surfboard with foil , not a wakeboard with a foil , should try it with bindings...lol
    it's being adapted from Kiteboarding. Liquid Force and Slingshot are both big kite companies in addition to wakeboard and wakesurf. And with the crashes I'm taking, I'm plenty happy not to be strapped into the battle axe...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

So I found a pair of adapters to allow me to use a Slingshot mast on my Liquid Force foil fish. And I bought the set of the 3 slingshot masts in their "flight school" package (15, 24, and 30"). So that will probably make this a bit more attainable. And will certainly help others that try to learn using my gear. So $333 later, I'll have lots of mast height options.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Looking at these... all I see is an accident waiting to happen I've taken a kneeboard and surfboard to the face but that foil could really do some damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

[QUOTE=uniwarking;307289]Looking at these... all I see is an accident waiting to happen I've taken a kneeboard and surfboard to the face but that foil could really do some damage.

That's my biggest concern. On the other hand, most things that are fun, have some element of danger lol.
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Looking at these... all I see is an accident waiting to happen I've taken a kneeboard and surfboard to the face but that foil could really do some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    That's my biggest concern. On the other hand, most things that are fun, have some element of danger lol.
    Exactly. I mean, I can't think of many activities that I enjoy that don't have a "serious injury or death" disclaimer. I certainly feel a LOT more risk riding my sportbike (even "protected" by full leather/boots/helmet/gloves/backprotector). Yeah, the foil has risk. it's kind of obvious--you're riding on top of a battle axe!

I wouldn't have bought a wake boat if I was concerned about keeping myself from accidents.

If ya think it's too risky, don't do it. I've never been one that would be all that risk adverse in my hobbies. However, the idea of owning my own business and being an entrepreneur scares me to death!

I'll at least make everyone wear helmets.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Wakefoil

I've been wakefoiling all summer long on the slingshot wakefoil.... it's amazing.. incredible. I was riding behind a small i/o boat I had and recently bought a moomba outback. Best part about wakefoiling is it doesn't matter what boat you have. Easily as fun (if not more fun) than wakesurfing!

This guy built his own electric jet wake foil. There is a whole video series on it complete with downloads for 3D printing files and materials. I would love to build one of these! Now that would be a blast. Imagine how quiet it would be with no boat and you go where you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv-Ol6GXTxQ
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I'll bump this thread to talk some more about foils.

I sold my liquid force foil fish. it was too much 'all or nothing' and I really struggled with it. However, I'm doing great on the Slingshot wakefoiler. the new model has FCS2 fin boxes so the board doubles as a surf board. I've been riding it consistently with the 24" mast. On my 2nd or 3rd day with it, I was able to ride 2+ miles over the course of 4 pulls. So I can get up every time and ride above the water consistently.

It's like the total beginner feeling all over again. I got excited to "cross the wake", LOL.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I finally pulled the trigger on a foil. I picked up the Liquid Force Wakefoil 2.0

I got up on the first try. The foot straps are 100% responsible I’m sure. I was amazed at how easily I was able to get up off the water. Just lighten the front foot and your up. I have a long way to go but I was able to get slack after about the third pull. It always seems to shoot forward too fast so I tried the wakeboard rope and started surfing the second wake back. It felt a little easier because I didn’t have to worry about hitting the boat. This created a new issue as well though because now there’s so much slack rope, theres no saving it if I lose the push. I’m 5’10” and 225lbs so I am blown away that it lifts me so easily.

I’m hooked!

2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

So I've been doing mine primarily at wakeboard length with the rope. Only tried it a couple times at surf length.

That said, I'm not really sure if I find it all that exciting after the initial thrill of gliding above the water has worn off. I mean, when I think about it on the surf wave, I think about how much more I can do on an actual surfboard... Aside from being able to dump most or all ballast, I'm not seeing how foiling the surf wave would be more fun than surfing the surf wave. (and I have equipment for both.

Sure, I'm all about getting a challenge, and that's what led me to buy one in the first place (as well as being one of the first to try something new).

Maybe if I got good enough to start getting airs??? I dunno. I don't see myself getting rid of it, but it hasn't blown my mind thus far.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com