Default Raising seat in 03 mobius

So I really need to raise the seat on my mobius. We have to sit on the seatback for surfing which isn't cool with me. I would like to raise it about 6" and still keep the factory bracketing. I was thinking about doing two strips of square metal tuning stacked on top of each other and sandwiching it between the seat and the sliding bracket. However, that will only give about 3" of height

Here is a pic of the seat bracket and the seat bottom just has four holes drilled in it to accept the bolts through the bracket.

What do y'all suggest?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Check out my write-up on my swivel seat mod for my OBV. Similar pedestal base setup. I love the new setup, hardly ever need the flip up bolster anymore.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=28381

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Quote Originally Posted by aerolland View Post
    Check out my write-up on my swivel seat mod for my OBV. Similar pedestal base setup. I love the new setup, hardly ever need the flip up bolster anymore.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=28381

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Cool deal, I'm still using the factory bracket system but want to add the swivel base. Did you have to make a bracket to mount the two together? My bracket is a bit wider than the swivel.

Do you think replacing the square tubing with nylon spacers to get the 4" would be excessive?

I would use the same approach as what I did from the swivel to seat - I had to use 1/4" aluminum plate to adapt. Obviously you would not need 12" x 12", but rather cut it down to match your stock seat slide width.

I would be hesitant to makeup 4" with nylon spacers, there is quite a bit of force on the seat, especially if you sit on the top rear of it from time to time. Just my opinion, 4" raise seems a bit excessive. I don't think mine wound up that high and I already have to deal with reduced legroom under the dash/wheel. I would mock it up and try sitting in it before you commit to large spacers. Just a thought.
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Put a suspension base on it. Look at Surplus Center. I swear you will love the ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection

Had this pic saved of someone's project. Idea is you make an adapter plate that puts the seat where you want it and at the height you want it and also levels it a bit and add the swivel to it.

swivel.jpg

I bought an aluminum plate off of ebay and some hardware and made mine a couple years ago. Still works great.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Had this pic saved of someone's project. Idea is you make an adapter plate that puts the seat where you want it and at the height you want it and also levels it a bit and add the swivel to it.

swivel.jpg

I bought an aluminum plate off of ebay and some hardware and made mine a couple years ago. Still works great.
    Ya this looks like a good idea, I think I'll do a sheet of hdpe then the swivel mount then possibly add another inch or so of nylon spacers later.

Did you do bracket hdpe to swivel to seat? Did you have to drill a new set of holes into the seat to match to the swivel or no? What year is yours?

I used an aluminum 1/4" rectangle and then a piece of cutting board I cut to size. I didn't drill any new holes in the seat or the swivel. I did offset it a bit to get it directly in front of the steering wheel though and also used a pice of angle iron at the rear to level it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Try Stoner Metals on EBay. If it fits, it ships free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Moomba Outback DD resurrection