Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    791

    Default Boat Lift Storage

    So the family lake house will be completed in a couple of months and construction on the boat house is about to begin. For those of you that store your boat on a lift on the water do you have any advice or tips? Do you have any moisture problems or how do you prevent them?

    Also do you have any advice when it comes to the boat house its self? The overall layout is completed but are there things we should or shouldn't include?
    2019 Makai - Raptor 450

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Congrats!!! This is our first summer with the boat on a lift and we are loving it!

    For the storage room build it as big as possible lol.

    I also recommend purchasing some good dock bumpers to protect the boat going into/out of the stall. Itís a small investment considering how much these boats cost. Iíll post some pics of some of the things I did around the dock next time Iím at the lake.

    Hereís a similar thread I started with some others suggestions:


    Boat Lift Use/Storage Suggestions
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Hereís a couple I have on my phone:

    23í x 6í sunshade I ordered off amazon to block the UV. I also have a 10í x 8í from harbor freight across the back now.



    Added some deck boards and a handrail so I can grill on the dock:



    Boardrack I built I the storage room:

    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Congrats!!! This is our first summer with the boat on a lift and we are loving it!

    For the storage room build it as big as possible lol.

    I also recommend purchasing some good dock bumpers to protect the boat going into/out of the stall. It’s a small investment considering how much these boats cost. I’ll post some pics of some of the things I did around the dock next time I’m at the lake.

    Here’s a similar thread I started with some others suggestions:


    Boat Lift Use/Storage Suggestions
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Here’s a couple I have on my phone:

    23’ x 6’ sunshade I ordered off amazon to block the UV. I also have a 10’ x 8’ from harbor freight across the back now.



    Added some deck boards and a handrail so I can grill on the dock:



    Boardrack I built I the storage room:

    First let me say that I saw your post on the July thread and congratulations to you and your wife on the bun in the oven!! That is awesome!!


    Thanks we are really looking forward to the completion of everything!

    Designing the boat house has been interesting in finding out all of the restrictions the lake has lol. As far as the storage closet goes the largest we are "allowed" is a 3'x6' on the boat house. We are "allowed" to build up to an 1,000 sqft footprint not including the walk way out to the boat house its self. That being said we put a 6'x17' closet off of the garage to store all of the boards, jackets, tubes and fishing tackle.

    For UV protection we are having a motorized UV shade installed over the slot for the Makai that will cover it on all 4 sides. We were hesitant at first as they are not cheap but after some research decided it was well worth the investment. I am all about keeping the boat in great shape and I know the UV shade will be huge in making that happen. We are having the slot for my fishing boat prewired for the UV shade as well as we might add it there later depending on how we like it on the Makai. (I have a feeling I will add it before construction is done lol)

    What dock bumpers did you end up purchasing? How do you like them?
    2019 Makai - Raptor 450

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Gardendale, AL
    Posts
    424

    Default

    What motorized UV shade did you install and if you don't mind saying, what was the total cost of the motorized UV shade .
    Gil Hebert

    2014 Mojo

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    What motorized UV shade did you install and if you don't mind saying, what was the total cost of the motorized UV shade .
    I don't recall the brand of the shade and it is not installed yet as the boat house construction is about to begin. I sent you a PM on pricing.
    2019 Makai - Raptor 450

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Springfield Missouri
    Posts
    3,295

    Default

    Costco has the Sunsetter shade that I use in Arizona. Either crank down or motorized. They have set screws to take it off the mounts if you want to put it away for the winter.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    First let me say that I saw your post on the July thread and congratulations to you and your wife on the bun in the oven!! That is awesome!!


    Thanks we are really looking forward to the completion of everything!

    Designing the boat house has been interesting in finding out all of the restrictions the lake has lol. As far as the storage closet goes the largest we are "allowed" is a 3'x6' on the boat house. We are "allowed" to build up to an 1,000 sqft footprint not including the walk way out to the boat house its self. That being said we put a 6'x17' closet off of the garage to store all of the boards, jackets, tubes and fishing tackle.

    For UV protection we are having a motorized UV shade installed over the slot for the Makai that will cover it on all 4 sides. We were hesitant at first as they are not cheap but after some research decided it was well worth the investment. I am all about keeping the boat in great shape and I know the UV shade will be huge in making that happen. We are having the slot for my fishing boat prewired for the UV shade as well as we might add it there later depending on how we like it on the Makai. (I have a feeling I will add it before construction is done lol)

    What dock bumpers did you end up purchasing? How do you like them?
    Thanks, we are very excited and he/she should be old enough to go on the boat by next summer!

    Iím interested in the info on the motorized shade you got as well if you donít mind pmíing me?

    I went with a combination of a few types of bumpers, probably a bit overkill but better safe than sorry lol.

    These in black for the sides: https://www.overtons.com/dockmate-do...traight-bumper

    These in black for the corners: https://www.overtons.com/anchoring-d.../corner-bumper

    A big one mounted vertically for a bow stop that I donít see on overtonís now for some reason (but Iíll take some pics)

    A couple corner of these in black for the stall entrance (were available on amazon at the time but not anymore): https://hullrocker.com

    And I used some of this in various places: Dimex EasyFlex Plastic P-Profile Dock Edging https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BNI4HB0..._T.kgFb6RRJNY0
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Hockley, Tx
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    Thanks, we are very excited and he/she should be old enough to go on the boat by next summer!

    I’m interested in the info on the motorized shade you got as well if you don’t mind pm’ing me?

    I went with a combination of a few types of bumpers, probably a bit overkill but better safe than sorry lol.

    These in black for the sides: https://www.overtons.com/dockmate-do...traight-bumper

    These in black for the corners: https://www.overtons.com/anchoring-d.../corner-bumper

    A big one mounted vertically for a bow stop that I don’t see on overton’s now for some reason (but I’ll take some pics)

    A couple corner of these in black for the stall entrance (were available on amazon at the time but not anymore): https://hullrocker.com

    And I used some of this in various places: Dimex EasyFlex Plastic P-Profile Dock Edging https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BNI4HB0..._T.kgFb6RRJNY0
    That is awesome man! My wife and I have a 2.5 year old daughter and boating last year with her was a blast!! Our son was born 6 weeks ago so this season we haven't made it out as much as we hoped to but it works out with everything we have going on. Hopefully we will make it out for Labor Day and the rest of the season but we are really looking forward to next season when all the construction is complete!

    Thanks for sharing all the bumpers you used. I am definitely going to pick some up. The company that manufactures the boat lifts we are using is local to us and they also make these 6' tall rubber rollers that we are having installed. They mount them on the steel posts of the dock at the corners of the stall entrance and then about 1/3 of the way in and they are supposed to be really awesome at protecting the boat and the dock when entering and exiting. I wish I had a picture of them but I forgot to take pictures when I was at their facility. I will send you a PM on the motorized shade.
    2019 Makai - Raptor 450

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wake Forest, NC
    Posts
    865

    Default

    Congrats on your little one!

    Yea I believe they call those a ďdock wheelĒ and should do the job. I looked into them but the ones I found online didnít have the best reviews for longevity. Hereís some pics:

    Bow bumper:







    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •