Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PLUG WIRES!!!!!

I had some issues with my MPI 340 CAT ETX and it ran 'better' after replacing the corroded cap/rotor. but it didn't solve my issues where it'd hesitate and die. but it didn't happen right away. I totally thought vapor lock, but that wasn't the case. If I looked at the wire that went to my coil, I could see the corrosion there. For me, replacing the plug wires was the last step and totally made my engine run like a boss.

Yeah, it's throwing parts and money as a guess of the problem, but you're probably due anyway. I was able to get the plug wires from Bakes with a forum discount and it was cheaper than ski dim.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    WOT on the three boats i have owned is higher than 3,000 rpm. What does it do at 4,000?

Other thought was fuel, but you're already using what I would recommend, have you burnt through a full tank of the good stuff yet? Maybe second full tank will be better?
    it runs fine at 4000 rpm, if im going at a low speed and gun it will run through 3000 rpm's if
    i gun it from a stand still it bogs/stalls every time at about 3000 rpm's for 1 to 3 seconds recovers
    and run fine.

plug wires look new but at this point i'll try anything thanks

I had similar issues twice and replaced the electronic ignition each time. I thought it was a carb issue but it operated erratically. My mechanic knew right away.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

any body?
    update
    took out with engine cover off last week to adjust packing nut and it ran perfect, put it all back together and it's back
    to stalling bogging for a second at 3500 rpms. What could be getting hot???

drained tank refueled with high octane non ethanol
    replaced fuel filter
    replaced water fuel filter
    replaced TPS sensor
    replaced map sensor
    replaced spark plugs, cap and rotor and wires

took out with engine cover off last week to adjust packing nut and it ran perfect, put it all back together and it's back
    to stalling bogging for a second at 3500 rpms. What could be getting hot???

1998 MOOMBA OUTBACK
    515 HOURS
    INDMAR 350 GEN 1 PLUS EDL MPI ENGINE

When you say Engine cover explain this to me. Are you talking about the boat being a direct drive and you took the center hump cover off and it runs perfect?

Are you sure the engine isn't starving for Air?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

direct drive i had the engine cover off while changing parts, i left it off so i could get my axle packing nut
    set while on the water. I run half a tank through it with zero problems put cover back on and now its bogging
    again at 3500 rpms or so on hard start. moomba.jpg

"HELP"
    update.

changed ignition coil still stalls/boggs at about 3500 rpm
    plenty of fuel pressure, thinking its fire but running out of parts to change.

Update still bogging/stalling

do you have any insight or advice my mechanic is stumped???

it has zero engine codes.

He's thinking computer at this point.

been having this issue since i bought the boat last summer here's everything they have done.

stalling bogging for 1 to 3 seconds at about 3500 rpms on hard start and recovers (taking off fast or pulling somebody) it runs fine other then this.

drained tank refueled with high octane non ethanol, cleaned pick up filter"looked fine"
    replaced check value on tank
    replaced fuel filter
    replaced water fuel filter seperator
    replaced high pressure fuel pump
    replaced low pressure fuel pump
    replaced TPS sensor
    replaced map sensor
    replaced ignition coil
    replaced spark plugs, cap and rotor and wires
    replaced distributor today and set timing

1998 MOOMBA OUTBACK
    515 HOURS
    INDMAR 350 GEN 1 PLUS EDL MPI ENGINE

"took out with engine cover off last week to adjust packing nut and it ran perfect, put it all back together and it's back
    to stalling bogging for a second at 3500 rpms."

Shot in the dark: I wonder what happens if you overtighten the jam nut and your shaft is out of alignment. Can there be a specific RPM where your shaft is binding? Won't hurt to check your alignment in any event.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!