Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Have no idea what I'm doing little help please

I just bought a 2014 mojo 2.5 with stock ballast and the manual flow system. If I want a better surf wake do I just to upgrade my rear ballast and add a sucplate to the side or is the flow system good enough? Please help have no idea just getting into surfing usually just wake board. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo2.5dusty View Post
    I just bought a 2014 mojo 2.5 with stock ballast and the manual flow system. If I want a better surf wake do I just to upgrade my rear ballast and add a sucplate to the side or is the flow system good enough? Please help have no idea just getting into surfing usually just wake board. Thanks

No need for a suck gate. The manual flow will do the job. You need more weight. I had same boat model and I used 1,100 on each rear side. The more the better. A fellow forum member kept a bunch of lead weight tonnage wave better.

Also, if you are all factory you may not have a front bag. Get a 750 bow sac. Your boat will make a solid wave you just need weight.

Once you have all the weight check your cruise speed against a gps app on your phone. Mine was off 1.5 mph. That can make a big difference.

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    No need for a suck gate. The manual flow will do the job. You need more weight. I had same boat model and I used 1,100 on each rear side. The more the better. A fellow forum member kept a bunch of lead weight tonnage wave better.

Also, if you are all factory you may not have a front bag. Get a 750 bow sac. Your boat will make a solid wave you just need weight.

Once you have all the weight check your cruise speed against a gps app on your phone. Mine was off 1.5 mph. That can make a big difference.

Thanks a lot I will try that. Do you know what setting you had the manual flow plate at? Or should I just play with it and see.

Welcome Mojo2.5dusty.

You can do some searches on 2013 Mojo Surf and you should find a lot of posts and threads.

I have several videos and tons of pictures with several different set ups on the Mojo.

Are you surfing Regular or Goofy or both?

Russell is correct though, you will need at 900-1100 in the rear lockers, plus the IBS on the bow, I even ran a separate bag in the bow for the ultimate in surf waves this boat can make.

Speed is critical.

As for the Flow Plates all the way out or down is the largest but shortest wave. until you get the bigger ballast this is the option you want. Also wake plate all the way up which if I recall is gauge pointing to your dash.

Speed on Regular is 10-12 depending on weight and skill of surfer, goofy will always be 10-10.5

Get a hand held GPS or an AP on your phone, I like Speedometer GPS as it does MPH, HM, and KNOTS plus has several features all for free.

Feel free to ask all the questions you like.

Also what part of the country are you in?
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo2.5dusty View Post
    Thanks a lot I will try that. Do you know what setting you had the manual flow plate at? Or should I just play with it and see.

Mike is spot on for surf plate. I used all three for different scenarios. I liked 1 or 2 once the weight was good.

If I recall a little more weight on the surf side really helped the wave out.

2017 Supra SA

Thanks mmandley. I surf regular. I will be looking into bigger bags for the rear and IBS on the bow. I download the app to fine tune the speed. I live in dallas, tx. Thanks for the info I will start with the ballast and go from there. I appreciate the mmandley and russellsmojo

Here's where I started 2 years ago:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ng-Setup/page2

I have the manual flow but I think I get a better wave with a suckgate. My gate is about 7 by 11 which is much bigger than the manual flow and may account for what I see as a difference.

And as Mike said speed is critical, a couple 10ths MPH change is all it takes to change a bunch of slop to a clear curl.
    Last edited by ghebert1111; 05-10-2017 at 10:35 AM.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Find Smorris on here, he had a Mojo with a very nice wave. Cool guy local to DFW as well, I'm positive he'll help get you lined out.

On my 12 Mojo with Manual Flow my setup was as follows. We surfed port only.. 750 ibs full up front plumbed into hard tank. 1100 rear starboard filled 90%, Enzo on port filled 100% 300lbs of lead under Enzo. Flow setting down on third hole. 11mph
    Wave was fantastic.

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ