Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    Gravity III started with the 2009 Moomba's
    Gravity III was available on the OBV at least as far back as 2006. However, when they changed the system to reversible pumps from aerators they did not also change the name of it. Gravity III means 3 ballast bags while Gravity I means only the 1 center bag. So, you kind of have to identify which version of the GIII you have. Almost every boat across the line should have reversibles starting in 2009.

More info in the Boat Archive here for those who are curious about their particular model:

https://www.moomba.com/models/archive
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

"reversibles starting in 2009"

yea, that's what I meant.
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

Not that it matters, but my 2010 Outback V with gravity I has the single Rule pump, hooked to a strainer and a single orbit sprinkler valve the feeds the center locker bag. The vent on the bag is on the top side at the rear just about the drain and fill ports, making it impossible to get all of the air out.
    2010 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Geary View Post
    Printing on the hose says it is 1".
    Thanks Ed. I search all the hose on mine and couldn't for the life of me find the size printed anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Gravity III was available on the OBV at least as far back as 2006. However, when they changed the system to reversible pumps from aerators they did not also change the name of it. Gravity III means 3 ballast bags while Gravity I means only the 1 center bag. So, you kind of have to identify which version of the GIII you have. Almost every boat across the line should have reversibles starting in 2009.

More info in the Boat Archive here for those who are curious about their particular model:

https://www.moomba.com/models/archive
    This helped, I got the manual and looked through it closely. I definitely have three "Ballast Puppies" in my system. I've got the 750# bags and all the fittings ordered.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in to help. Hopefully this summer turns out to be a little more wave filled than last year. Built myself a suck-gate and about doubled my ballast. Not to mention, saving my old bags and keeping the stock fittings in tact to use as additional ballast as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by aquavette View Post
    Not that it matters, but my 2010 Outback V with gravity I has the single Rule pump, hooked to a strainer and a single orbit sprinkler valve the feeds the center locker bag. The vent on the bag is on the top side at the rear just about the drain and fill ports, making it impossible to get all of the air out.
    Interesting. I didn't know that you could get GI after the switch. Wonder why they kept the sprinkler system instead of using a single reversible. Cheaper maybe?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That would make sense.
    Maybe mine is a late 2009 production, shipped as a 2010?
    Any way to decode the HIN?
    2010 Outback V

GI (or no ballast at all) was still an option in 2009
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)