Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Prospersigman View Post
    If I had a pontoon boat I would beach that no problem...never a gelcoat boat. Box anchor off the front and a small fluke style anchor off the transom.
    I use a medium size box anchor on the front and a 25lb mushroom with 6 feet of chain out the back. If I need to swing ever, I just throw the rear and pull to where i wanna be, then tie and sit, or rethrow and then tie. I've withstood some serious wind with that setup. And in the shallows I flip the mushroom and bury it in the sand, spike end first. People appreciate that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition
    6.2L Raptor power
    1100's and Flow
    Acme 1847

2003 Wakesetter xTi - sold

I do anchor like KG has in his pictures except using one rope from the front to the back to the beach along with a bungee on the anchor. Tie off on the side that is upstream if there is a current or upwind and sometimes you have to determine what is more prevalent the wind or current. If you have neither it is a perfect day and you don't even need to tie up (just kidding). When I take off I hook a bumper to it so when I come in I swing my a$$ around and reverse thrust and the rope is where I can reach over and connect up. I use a dog tie down for the beach.

I do beach the boat but it can't have any rock and very little wave action (there are actually places like that).
    Last edited by zabooda; 05-09-2017 at 05:20 PM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

No this guy not looking to destroy my new boat

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I always beach the boat.....but I live in Florida and the lakes down here have really fine sandy bottoms. The fins dig in and hold the boat secure, then it is just a matter of a gentle bush to get it off the beach.
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)

Push not bush
    2003 Outback Sold (went to Oklahoma)

2009 Outback V Sold (stayed in Florida)