Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knife & Mask

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Any specific models recommended on the mask and knife. I need to get these items added to the list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As far as the mask goes, just ordered a dive mask off amazon with good reviews. The knife I have used is the cheap Multi-tool Cabela's sells, I have a few on the boat at all times and they are sharp. Another thing I might suggest is a piece of hose, I'm not one to get claustrophobic, but trying to hold your breath, cut away rope that is tangled in so many ways and not cut yourself the last thing you need is having to come up for air.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Thought I'd never have to bother with such till our last time out, too many posers onboard not enough doers! Wakeboard rope wound itself around the prop just as I switched off. So lots of holding ones breath and fumbling around, got it unwound eventually. Had a knife but visibility was quite poor so a mask is definitely the way to go. Like the tube idea for the snorkel, will get that sorted during Winter.
    Cheers BruceR, Melb AUS.
    Bruce
    2014 Moomba Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by GregInKS View Post
    Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered them on amazon because of this thread.
    Man am I glad I did! Yesterday with 8 kids on the boat for a bday party I got the raft tow rope in the prop...
    Water was cold, not clear, and I had never done that before.
    Long story short I got it out using the mask and it's was the best mask I have ever used!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    There was actually a storm coming and nobody else on the lake... This thread saved the day!
    I was able to get us on our way in about 10 dives. I will be getting a piece of hose like sivs1 talked about to make it easier next time.

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by GregInKS; 06-01-2017 at 03:08 AM.
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

happy story ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Great to hear!
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)