Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Option 2 is more ideal, though, right?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

That is what I would recommend. Higher ohm load will reduce the heat created by the amp and make it more stable. I would buy two rca splitters with a female input and two male outputs and the place the switch to 4ch. Even at 8ohms that amp has plenty of power for those speakers.
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

Does this help? I think you should be able to work thru it without having to go back thru the dealer. The chart shows the top 2 speakers at 2ohm, I believe this is a misprint and should read 4ohm. So each bow speaker will be 4ohm at 150w and your cabin speakers will be wired in parallel bringing them down to 2ohm sharing 225w.

Here is the pdf link in case it is to blurry to read
    http://www.exileaudio.com/store/down...heet062514.pdf
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

^ That looks like the solution.

Nothing will be at 8 ohm. Bow at 4 ohm and cockpit at 2 ohm.

Amp will need the switch to go from 2 ch to 4 ch. You might also consider full, instead of high pass, if you don't have a sub?
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 05-09-2017 at 11:42 AM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Sounds like you guys have this thing figured out, I still think the wiring is undersized though (size should be printed on the insulation).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Guys,

Thanks so much for the *correct* detailed set up. We're not back up at the lake until Memorial Day, so I'm gonna call the dealer tomorrow and have them to get their *ss out to my boat this week or next to fix it themselves so I don't have to lose any water time when we're up next . Barring that, I'll reconfigure this myself and get them to give the money back that they charged me to incorrectly install it!

Thanks again, and I'll keep you guys posted on how and when I get this new set up working!

You will need two of these to fix problem. Super easy fix. Follow Dusty's PDF.

2017 Supra SA

Russell/Dusty,

Thanks for the guidance on this, I really appreciate all the help to get your amp and speakers working with my stock set up! I just bought these exact same RCA splitters on Amazon Prime (apparently there really IS no inflation as the price is still $9.99!). I'll throw these on my set up over Memorial Day, switch over to 4CH, and hopefully Get this whole system fired up

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post

You will need two of these to fix problem. Super easy fix. Follow Dusty's PDF.

From the pics it looks like the dealer mounted the amp directly to the panel without any spacers. The amp could be overheating. Look at your kicker amp and how it is mounted. Exile amp should be mounted in similar fashion.

Gents,

So I installed the RCA splitter and swapped over to the 4 channel set up, but I have one last stupid last question on this .... what tool do I have to use to loosen & tighten the speaker wires on the back of the Exile 15.4 amp? It's in a reallly awkward position and I can't quite see it - I think it's either an Allen wrench or Torx, but I just can't quite tell.

TIA for your help on this as I want to knock this out this morning for our afternoon skiing and surfing sessions!