Default Scuffs on new Acme prop

I just got an acme 1617 and it has scuffs on two blades. I haven't seen this before, is it a remanufactured prop? weird place for repair but last 3 acme props looked normal. Any ideas?
    20170503_180343.jpg 20170503_180320.jpg
    2009 Moomba LSV

Ok so looking online a little more makes it look like its where they "balanced" the prop.
    2009 Moomba LSV

That is what I was going to suggest. They have some very serious balancing gizmos these days, better than the computerized balancer your tire installer uses. It will grind a little off to get it nearly perfect. Some outfits will give you a report showing it down to several decimals.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ok so looking online a little more makes it look like its where they "balanced" the prop
    This is the correct answer...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

That is normal machine marks for the final balance at the factory. Rather than add weights like they do on vehicle wheels, they sand off material to achieve balance.

Nice wheels have weights on the inside so it doesn't look like crap and you would think they could do their grinding on the back side. Why not make the blades smooth to begin with so grinding wouldn't affect the asthetics.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

These are cnc milled and not cast and there may be some science to the micro lines. However, what you call the "back side" os the prop, is in reality, the front side that meets the water first. This makes me believe there is a reason they polish on the trailing side of the blade, rather than the leading face.