Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I just checked the fuel pressure. I'm getting 30psi when I turn the key on. From what I was reading I think it supposed to be 60 but not 100% sure on that. How can I find out which pump it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Having issues, help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    It's fi. I disconnected the filter and turned the key on to see if it was pumping out of the tank and I'm not getting anything. There's a small pump right under the oil filter and it's sucking but I think there's another pump in the tank because when I turn the key on I hear it but I'm not getting gas out of the line. Should it be coming out with the filter unhooked?

I don't think there is a pump in tank on that year boat. That didn't start till 2010 or so, I thought.
    Last edited by moombahighrider; 05-02-2017 at 10:14 PM.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

You are absolutely right. I just took the whole dang floor out and there is not a pump in the tank. He's not the only one that's said that I've had numerous people tell me that so possibly some other models have it but mine does not have one. So with this information I'm assuming my fuel pump mounted on the side of the engine is the problem or should I look at the fuel pressure regulator also?

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    You are absolutely right. I just took the whole dang floor out and there is not a pump in the tank. He's not the only one that's said that I've had numerous people tell me that so possibly some other models have it but mine does not have one. So with this information I'm assuming my fuel pump mounted on the side of the engine is the problem or should I look at the fuel pressure regulator also?

Start with the fuel filter. Swap it out and let's see if it improves your situation. I would avoid replacing the pump unless you have to...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

I took the filter out and just connected the 2 hoses together and got 30psi, put a brand new filter in and checked again and got 30 again. Thought maybe my gauge was bad so went and bought a brand new one and checked it 2 more times. Dead on 30 both times

Drive it like you have it plumbed right now.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Can you blow through the old fuel filter?

I didn't even try I took it off and replaced it. Does anyone know if 60psi is correct on the fuel pressure

According to the Indmar manual, you should see at least 60PSI at keyup.

2006 Moomba XLV
    Indmar 325 MPI - Acme 1433
    1,100lb V-drive sacs + 1,180lb front
    WakeMAKERS Ballast System Upgrade
    DIY SuckGate
    PerfectPass DBW

I changed the fuel, fuel filter, and fuel pump. Used 3 different gauges to check it and still has 30psi and doing the same thing