Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Having issues, help!!

Hello I just joined the forum and this is my first post. Just want to thank everyone in advance. I have a 2004 moomba lsv I have been on the water the last 2 weekends with no issues at all, I went saturday and burnt almost a full tank of gas through it. Filled up Sunday and went back. Fired right up and ran fine for about 15 mins and then all of a sudden it just died. I was riding around 3200 rpm or so and it just lost all power and shut down. I messed with it and got it fired back up and it ran kinda rough until i revved it a few times and then started running perfect. I took off again and same scenario, made it a few mintutes and died again. It does the same thing every time but it will idle all day with no problems. I basically just put it in gear and let it go back to the landing and it ran perfect. Any ideas??

Vapor Lock. A cold bottle of water poured over the fuel filter will solve it for you.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I pulled the fuel filter off this morning and was gonna replace it. Will that fix it if I have unhooked the old one and putting a new one on it and is this a common issue?

Just changing the filter wont prevent it. It is a common issue.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Default Having issues, help!!

This doesn't sound like vapor lock to me. That only happens when the boat has been sitting and not running and the fuel lines/ pump gets hot and produces a vapor bubble. I have not seen vapor lock happen once the motor is running smoothly, like the OP describes. I would think changing the fuel filter is a good first step.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Yea I was actually running down river and it just died. I had been sitting or didn't shut it off or anything like that. Had been riding for maybe 15 minutes and it just started slowing down and shut off. It started back up but continued to have the same issues. To me it seems like that as long as you are not running at a high rpm the engine is getting enough fuel to keep it running as it should but once you give it gas and need more fuel once it burns out what's in the lines it dies. Turn the key on and let it fill the lines back up and go again. I could be 100% wrong but that's just what it seems like to me. I'm gonna change the fuel filter and see what happens but after that idk what to do. Maybe check fuel pressure?

Ah, I missed the already running portion! My mistake there, but be aware of vapor lock after coming to a stop and then it idling rough/dyeing when you are ready to roll again.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

2004, is it carb or F.I. ? Sounds like a pump problem, check your connections
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

It's fi. I disconnected the filter and turned the key on to see if it was pumping out of the tank and I'm not getting anything. There's a small pump right under the oil filter and it's sucking but I think there's another pump in the tank because when I turn the key on I hear it but I'm not getting gas out of the line. Should it be coming out with the filter unhooked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the tank fuel pump.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD