Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    The used Mojo that is now mine didn't have this option -- which is odd since it has about everything else. Does anyone know if this could be a retro-fit for the center sun-pad panel that covers the engine? I assume this would be pretty pricey to do aftermarket wise (trying to order a complete panel from the factory).
    I think an experienced upholster could add this. I could do it for you, but I'm in Bakersfield. I think they have the plastic portion for sale at greatlakesskipper.

2016 Supra SG 450
    Josh

2016 Supra SG 450
    2001 Calabria Pro V - Sold
    1987 Supra Sunsport - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Can you post pics of how you did it? Very interested in this idea...
    Me too. Following........
    -Blaine

2019 Makai
    2013 LSV (sold)
    1997 Bayliner 1850 (sold)

I've got a buddy with a 14 Mondo and I have a 14 Mojo. I have it and he doesn't. There is significantly more wear on his vinyl / rear hatch than mine. Just order it.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Current progress is below. I used a piece of 2" HDPE that started out 12x12. I pulled the seat cover off and cut out a section of foam slightly smaller than what needed to go so the new insert would be a nice tight fit. I used the foam as a template to match the angle in my upholstery and got it to a very close match.

Before mounting I cut a slit straight up the middle and the at the front made a V to the front corners and used staples to hold the vinyl down nice and snug. On the rear of the seat there is Velcro I wanted to maintain so the vinyl got cut and stitched to what you see below and this allowed the Velcro to be reused all the way across keeping everything tight. Also, mine has a strip of aluminum that covers the seam and the Velcro, but it wont go on until the seat goes in the boat.

To mount it I pre drilled holes in the new step and the seat base, then counter drilled the 2" piece so the screw heads would end up close to flush. The new step is thru bolted with locking nuts. Before I bolted it down I rounded over all of the corners and edges.

I made a template out of cardboard and shipped it out to gator step today so they can cut a pad that matches the rest if my flooring.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Bravo Dusty, awesome work again!
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Gotta love the guys who will take a knife and hack into their 100k boat with the knowledge they will make it better than it was.

Knew a guy in high school that when he was 18 bought a brand new Z-28 Camaro. Before he made his first payment he pulled it in the shop and tore the motor down. Of course, his Dad ran a speed supplies shop so he knew he was going to make it better. Still . . .
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    I've got a buddy with a 14 Mondo and I have a 14 Mojo. I have it and he doesn't. There is significantly more wear on his vinyl / rear hatch than mine. Just order it.
    Hatin' on my boat Mark! LOL!

Cody - Some people like it and some people don't. I wouldn't be upset if I had it currently and I think it's a good idea but if I had to do it all over again, I might still pass on it. It's only a $300 option from SC but not sure how much longer it extends the life of the vinyl to have it. If I replace my vinyl 1 year sooner than someone who has the walk thru, was it worth the $$? Not sure. But that number could be 5 years so who knows.

Also, with the walk thru you get more seams where the vinyl starts and stops. From what I've seen, most of the wear comes from the seams and the stitching. Just something to think about.

Most people I've observed on various boats walk on the outside panels anyway. If the rider getting out of the water is standing on the swim platform, the next person coming to the platform would be right in that person's face if they walked down the middle. Also, we tend to set our gear (board, life jacket, rope) on the middle section which leads people to walk to the outside.

The pro's and con's are different from each boat owner so you'll have to figure out which is the best option for the way you'll use the boat. I don't think you'll be disappointed with whatever choice you make!

Pics are 3 summers and 285 hours on the boat, very little wear if any at all.
    20170502_174334.jpg20170502_174258.jpg
    Last edited by boater4life; 05-02-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    2014 Moomba Mondo
    Indmar 409
    900 Sumo's
    750 IBS
    Wetsounds Three-some w/SD6

Lol! Who said I was talking about your boat bud! Besides you have cup holders in the back and I don't which sucks BTW.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I could make a case for doing the full cushion. We sit/lay on ours alot and miss it at times.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded