Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks David. Makes sense, and is the info I was looking for.

I'll look at something other than their slim line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    You dont have a free woofer in your boat. What you have is a great woofer that is poorly executed. 1) the Kicker KM10 is not a true infinite-baffle woofer and 2) the moomba facade cannot support an IB installation as its open at the top as opposed to a solid wall. Place it in a small sealed enclosure between .8 and 1.0 ft3, properly tune the amp and you will have a whole new opinion of it.

or add a 2nd 4 ohm woofer in a 1.8 ft3 sealed and greatly increase the bass output.
    I think I'm going to try this option first. I just ordered a box for the Kicker. Way cheaper than a whole new loaded sub. I'll report back with how it sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    You dont have a free woofer in your boat. What you have is a great woofer that is poorly executed. 1) the Kicker KM10 is not a true infinite-baffle woofer and 2) the moomba facade cannot support an IB installation as its open at the top as opposed to a solid wall. Place it in a small sealed enclosure between .8 and 1.0 ft3, properly tune the amp and you will have a whole new opinion of it.

or add a 2nd 4 ohm woofer in a 1.8 ft3 sealed and greatly increase the bass output.
    Mike gives great advice. I built a box to these specs and put in (2) KM10's. I have to say it really brought my system to life and gave a very musical bottom end. Tuned properly it is pleasant whether being played softly or rocking the boat.

Sub Box 3 Done.jpg

Subbox installed.jpg