Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Severe transom damage - 04 mobius XLV

Hello all!

I am new to the fourm and just purchased a 2004 moomba mobius about 2 months ago.

Last weekend I was cruising down the river in Parker,AZ and heard a loud bang, the boat then took a HARD left and came to a stop, the motor stopped running. We weren't really sure what had happened and after trying to inspect everything with the boat in the water I attempted to turn over the engine, the motor would immediately shut off as soon as I put it in drive. After getting the boat to reverse a little bit I was able to put it in drive and slowly make my way back to the dock. The boat took on ALOT of water and barley made it back to the dock. There was also vibrations coming from the motor when we were heading back to the dock.

When we finally got the boat out of the water we saw how much damage there really was to the bottom of the boat. I have never seen anything like this. I'm assuming the boat is totaled? Working through insurance claim now. Has anyone ever seen fiberglass rip off of the transom like this???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moomba's version of quick fill ballast!
    Man that's isn't good, hope your insurance process goes smoothly. I've never seen anything like this before, there's a first for everything.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Moomba's version of quick fill ballast!
    Man that's isn't good, hope your insurance process goes smoothly. I've never seen anything like this before, there's a first for everything.
    It's a shame, I haven't even made the first payment yet. I have a feeling the insurance process isn't going to be a smooth as I'd like it to be. I believe they will only give me actual cash value so we'll see how that goes

I don't see why that can't be repaired. Probably going to need some shaft and prop work as well. Hopefully the trans is ok. I hope it all works out.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I don't see why that can't be repaired. Probably going to need some shaft and prop work as well. Hopefully the trans is ok. I hope it all works out.
    There are stress cracks all over the left side of the boat now after this happened. The fiberglass rip goes from about mid way of the boat all the way to the rear only on the left side. If they could repair, that would be awesome but from the few people who have looked at it, think the boat is a total loss..

Could it be the result of a previous repair?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Could it be the result of a previous repair?
    Could be.. since I have had the boat I have noticed that it took on more water than I thought was normal but when I purchased it, there didn't seem to be any obvious marks from repair or damage but then again I don't know much about fiberglass

Quote Originally Posted by Ksetzke39 View Post
    There are stress cracks all over the left side of the boat now after this happened. The fiberglass rip goes from about mid way of the boat all the way to the rear only on the left side. If they could repair, that would be awesome but from the few people who have looked at it, think the boat is a total loss..
    Didn't look that long from the photo. I see it goes to the edge overhanging the bunk.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Dang man that sucks, did you hit a rock? I know there's shallow parts in Parker (I boat in havasu). That sucks man

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

It's a shame, I haven't even made the first payment yet. I have a feeling the insurance process isn't going to be a smooth as I'd like it to be. I believe they will only give me actual cash value so we'll see how that goes
    Sold my MB to a guy in OR and it sat all winter to just get caught in a huge marina fire. I know he was struggling with the insurance on that one. He didn't even get to take it to the water
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)