Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    Why are you even adding a remote turn on relay? I believe the radio can easily turn on everything you have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    If it can then great but I thought I read a thread on here where someone had 3 amps and the head unit remote turn on was not providing enough juice for them all. I'm running two amps and the ws420 so basically 3 items to turn on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    You saw correctly. I want crystal clear clarity at 70 ft going 23 mph

lol that you will get
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Yeah but if I upgrade to a xxx sub I figure it was assumed that my amp would also be getting a boost!

You're picking up what I'm putting down, some people can't put two and two together..
    Anyone who runs a XXX off of 600 watts is a noob...
    Last edited by TrueKaotik; 05-03-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post

Just like all the inquiries about what gauge for Rev-10. 18 ga would work if you kept the factory KX200.2
    Please name one person who has done that... lmao...
    Last edited by TrueKaotik; 05-03-2017 at 05:46 PM.

I am throwing this up for the audio gurus to give me their take. This is my rough draft box design. I think I may need to make it taller or raise up the hole for the woofer a bit.

DavidAnalog

MLA

Opinions are welcome!
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by TrueKaotik View Post
    Please name one person who has done that... lmao...
    Not going to name names, but we just upgraded the OEM kx200.2, power cables and factory tower harness to a Syn-dx4, 4ga cables and 12/4. Boat left the lot with the Rev-10's and factory amp. The speakers magically didnt melt the small wire and speakers played just fine.

Now back to the actual subject. The size of the speaker has absolutely ZERO to do with the gauge wire used.

Since you clearly disagree, please prove me wrong. Explain how the size of the speaker, not amp wattage, dictates the wire gauge.

Its funny how we have circled back to that technical word you like, "big" I guess big speakers need big wires

Absolutely. I want to compliment you on the precise color simulation of MDF. Best I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Not going to name names, but we just upgraded the OEM kx200.2, power cables and factory tower harness to a Syn-dx4, 4ga cables and 12/4. Boat left the lot with the Rev-10's and factory amp. The speakers magically didnt melt the small wire and speakers played just fine.

Now back to the actual subject. The size of the speaker has absolutely ZERO to do with the gauge wire used.

Since you clearly disagree, please prove me wrong. Explain how the size of the speaker, not amp wattage, dictates the wire gauge.

Its funny how we have circled back to that technical word you like, "big" I guess big speakers need big wires
    So you used the 16 gauge wire in the tower? Or ran 12 gauge wire to the rev10s?

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    Absolutely. I want to compliment you on the precise color simulation of MDF. Best I've ever seen.
    So this design should work well with the XS12? I used 3/4" for the MDF thickness

David

David,
    Only a minor detail but I prefer to slide the port to one side of the box so that the exterior enclosure wall and port wall on one side are shared. This might save 25 sq.in. or a little more. If the symmetry is in some way important to the finished product, then proceed as is.