Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Here is a make shift wiring diagram i mocked up of the power wire runs. The main power wires from the batteries to the switch to the distribution block with be 1/0 Gauge. Coming off of the block to the amps I am running 4 gauge. I am curious on the set up of the stock distribution block and if it will support my loads I will be using. Trying to decide what type of battery switch i want to go with as well. Plan is to run 4 sets of 12 gauge speaker wire to the tower for the Rev10s and 10 gauge to the sub, or will 12 gauge be sufficient for the sub as well? Also, what is the best way to connect two 12 gauge wires to one terminal of the SD2?

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default 17 Mojo Stereo Setup!

Why are you running that many grounds back to the GC battery, why not use your ground distribution block. I see the same thing on your relay, unless you're trying to bypass the switch altogether.
    Also I would think tying your cranking battery ground into your audio batteries is asking for noise. Isolation...
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

I run power from the hu and 420 to the distro block that powers the amps. Same for ground.

This eliminates a ton of connections on the cramped post of the battery switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    Why are you running that many grounds back to the GC battery, why not use your ground distribution block. I see the same thing on your relay, unless you're trying to bypass the switch altogether.
    Also I would think tying your cranking battery ground into your audio batteries is asking for noise. Isolation...
    I'm planning on grounding the batteries together so when the switch is the combined/both position the alternator will provide juice for the stereo so I won't be running the stereo solely off of batteries for a whole weekend.

On the distribution block, what would I need that has ports small enough for a remote turn on relay and at the same time
    Large enough for amps? Or should I run a small distribution block for the small current items off of a port from large distribution block?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default 17 Mojo Stereo Setup!

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I'm planning on grounding the batteries together so when the switch is the combined/both position the alternator will provide juice for the stereo so I won't be running the stereo solely off of batteries for a whole weekend.

On the distribution block, what would I need that has ports small enough for a remote turn on relay and at the same time
    Large enough for amps? Or should I run a small distribution block for the small current items off of a port from large distribution block?

I use 2 of these. 1 each for +/-

Blue Sea Systems 10 Gang Common 150A Busbar with Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091VHLW4..._PB.bzbDZSYBTS

And I expect someone to say something about the alternator charging.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

And I expect someone to say something about the alternator charging.
    What do you want me to say?

Any suggestions on a fused distribution block that has 4 gauge outs as well as 18??

David

Ignore the busbar amperage ratings and do not substitute a slight busbar for a heavy power distribution block. When using heavy gauge supply cables, I wouldn't use any junction with smaller than 5/16" posts. I also don't believe in stacking large and small gauge terminations on the same posts. When using posts as distribution, I would limit stacked terminations to (3).
    David, Odin has a very simple, all-encompassing, and uncomplicated distribution scheme. You might run your final version past him.

Factory distri will support everything if re-wiring the mains to 1/0, Distri blocks are "thicker". Sub wire gauge depends on length of run but I like 10 gauge if it's at helm and amps in observers for a XXX. All others I do 12 gauge.. Parallel inside the enclosure for less wire at the amplifier.
    Last edited by TrueKaotik; 05-02-2017 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueKaotik View Post
    Factory distri will support everything if re-wiring the mains to 1/0, Distri blocks are "thicker". Sub wire gauge depends on length of run but I like 10 gauge if it's at helm and amps in observers for a XXX. All others I do 12 gauge.. Parallel inside the enclosure for less wire at the amplifier.
    Well not running a xxx sub but I figure I may as well run 10 now then if I ever upgrade I won't need to rerun any wires.

David