Default Thoughts on new board options?

Since we just purchased a new T23 my family and friends are looking to try out surfing. We spend most of the day on a wakeboard but I wouldn't mind a break from the slams. I'm looking for a board that fits a multitude of people(I know not reality). I want it to fit me primarily but if others can ride it easily that's a plus. I'm 6'0 225 so can't be using a baby board but also want something the 140lb friends could ride to try out etc. Being new to the sport I would rather buy a entry priced board to learn on and hopefully progress a bit on. I was looking at the inland surfer Tako & Ika, any thoughts here or recomendations for my size and needs?

I'm about your size, wife is 135 lbs. We started with a Hyperlite Broadcast and everyone we board with is able to ride it. We've since moved on to other boards but this is still our go to for new people. I now have a Phase 5 diamond and my wife has a custom Soulcraft Super AV on the way Expect to upgrade down the road, you will be hooked!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Nothing wrong with getting a boat board you keep around forever for newbies, guests, etc. Then get yourself a custom one.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Nothing wrong with getting a boat board you keep around forever for newbies, guests, etc. Then get yourself a custom one.
    I like this approach. I have a IS Tako and it's great. Now it's Walker all the way.

P5 Model x has the three fin setup to ride surf and scam.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold