Thread: Wake Gate

Default Wake Gate

Anyone using a wake gate on a 2016 Mojo. What are you using and do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't it have autoflow 2.0?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Yes, a friend told me I needed a wake gate but thought it looked redundant to what the auto flow does. Does it have any impact above/beyond what auto flow does?

Quote Originally Posted by CMattWilcox View Post
    Yes, a friend told me I needed a wake gate but thought it looked redundant to what the auto flow does. Does it have any impact above/beyond what auto flow does?
    Your friend is misinformed. You have all the hardware you need. If you haven't already upgraded the rear bags to 1100's, start there. I think the guys with dialed mojo's are running 100% surf side, 80% non surf, front 50%. Then bias an extra passenger or 2 to surf side, or throw an extra few hundred pounds under surf side seat. Surf tabs around 70%... That boat doesn't need a wake gate to build a bigger wave than most of us can handle.

That should get you close. There are a number of guys on here with dialed mojo's, but these "can't get my mojo to surf" threads are starting to sound like a broken record. I'm guessing that's why none of them have chimed in yet.

It's a big boat, it needs more than the stock rear bags to surf well. So start with upgrading them.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Your friend is misinformed. You have all the hardware you need. If you haven't already upgraded the rear bags to 1100's, start there. I think the guys with dialed mojo's are running 100% surf side, 80% non surf, front 50%. Then bias an extra passenger or 2 to surf side, or throw an extra few hundred pounds under surf side seat. Surf tabs around 70%... That boat doesn't need a wake gate to build a bigger wave than most of us can handle.

That should get you close. There are a number of guys on here with dialed mojo's, but these "can't get my mojo to surf" threads are starting to sound like a broken record. I'm guessing that's why none of them have chimed in yet.

It's a big boat, it needs more than the stock rear bags to surf well. So start with upgrading them.

Thanks Matt. Appreciate the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a Ronix Wakeshape with my auto surf 2.0. I think it works better when there are not a lot of people in the boat. If you have more weight I think it makes more sense just to just the auto surf alone.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold