Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Like I was saying I personally don't like it, but still experimenting with the wave. Newbie to the moomba boat, not to the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a '16 Craz and was upset when they announced the autowake for the next model year. Now that I understand what it does, I'm kind of glad I don't have to deal with it. It seems that if it was set up perfect from the factory, it might make setting up a surf wave easier for people who are new to the sport. The problem is, the factory doesn't generally install enough ballast for a real surf wake and all the modifications must throw off the autowake system, or it isn't set up well to begin with. Now that I've had my boat for a year and I understand what it takes to get a good wave on both sides, I can make adjustments in my sleep. But I'm not sure someone else could just take my boat out and get a stellar wave without loads of instructions or experience. For me, it has been fun to tinker with the wave and learn how to optimize it based on weight, speed, listing, surf plates, wake plate, etc... But I'm sure a lot of people just want to get in the boat and hit a button and have it turn out perfect.
    2016 Moomba Craz

Boards:
    Day 1 Wake Payne Killer
    Doomswell Drone 4'10"
    Phase 5 Diamond
    Hyperlite Quad
    Lakewakes Hooligan
    Phase 5 grom
    CWB Razr

Tubes:
    Sombrero
    Bandwagon

You can change the ballast fill and empty times on the new autowake so it's not a big deal.

2017 Moomba Craz

I have a 17 Helix with bone stock ballast and Auto wake is by far the best way to dial in my wave. Granted I just got it and I only have 20 hours on it but the auto wake feature is very impressive so far. Auto wake makes a beautiful looking wave but so far I need a big crew to go rope less for any period of time.

I'm curious to know if any of you who have the 1100 lbs upgrade in the rear are actually surfing rope less. Simply put I want to know if I go with this upgrade will it be enough to surf with a small crew or do I need to get weight under the seats as well.

1100's will do it.

2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Minimum 1100's in the rear. You probably have the stock 650's in there that Moomba puts in all of the boats. I think they need to get with the program and drop the 650's and just ship all boats with 1100's.

When you upgrade bags do you have to brace the wall between the engine?

2016 Moomba Helix Surf Edition

2003 Moomba Mobius LS Gone

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Dsomzie View Post
    When you upgrade bags do you have to brace the wall between the engine?

Yup .... I did it when I upgraded my stock 650's to 900's in my '14 LSV. Simple job, takes 30 min max, and will give you peace of mind with all the extra weight in back

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    Yup .... I did it when I upgraded my stock 650's to 900's in my '14 LSV. Simple job, takes 30 min max, and will give you peace of mind with all the extra weight in back
    What did you brace it with?

2016 Moomba Helix Surf Edition

2003 Moomba Mobius LS Gone

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Dsomzie View Post
    What did you brace it with?

Pick up an "Engine Divider Panel Saver Kit" from Wakemakers .... They're actually on sale for $29.99 each (you'll need one for each side). It's is a simple installation with a drill and hex head bit. Here's the link: https://www.wakemakers.com/engine-di...nel-saver.html

Setup is coming along great. Figured out the speedo was off, and figured the flow gates out. Lol. Pic from the other day. 1100 bags in the back. Surf side bag at 100, non surfside 80. Front and over flow bag at 100. Wedge at 25, flow gate at 70. Crew of 6.