Hello fellow Moomba owners. I'm geeked to be apart of the surfing sport. I guess let me start by giving you a little background. I've been surfing for a few years off the back of a buddies Nautique, and finally decided that surfing is what I really want to do with free time on the water. I'm sure I'll pull a wakeboard or tube or two, but surfing - that's where it's at for me! I own my own repair shop, and also worked at several marinas in the area so I'm pretty fluent in tech talk when it comes to boats, along with installations etc. So when it came to picking out a boat, I didn't need anything super fancy, just pretty bare bones as long as it surfed. My buddies Nautique was great, but I hated the touch screen interface and all the menus. Like if someone was surfing, and you wanted to change settings while surfing you had to be in a certain screen, but heaven forbid if you wanted to change songs as that was in a whole different menu that you had to go through etc. At one point he got a dead spot in the screen and we couldn't do anything that used that section of screen for 3 weeks. Totally sucked. Anywho, the switch dash I feel fixes those delays, and simplifies operations, and works better for me. If a switch dies, I grab one from the hardware store until the moomba switch arrives, and we are good to go! Anyways, that was why we choose the boat we did. Didn't wanna pay for the bells and whistles we wouldn't want.

So my boat does have a few good upgraded parts. It does have the auto flow 2.0 surf package, and the color autowake system installed, which from the sounds of it wasn't normally installed on the 2016 Helix. Along with a few other bells and whistles that don't really aid in surfing anyways.

So the question I have is what do I need for the ultimate surf wave? What has worked for you? As far as props, bags, autowake settings, speeds, etc. I'm sure I can tweak settings, but it be nice to have a good idea before I get out there. I do have the factory rear and front bow bags, but the dealer never gave me the info packet on the boat yet. The bow bag seems to be decent size, but the tears look small to me. Any feedback would be golden. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk