Default Putting 2016 Tige' surf tabs on my 04 XLV

I'm having a Tige/Moomba dealer install the new surf tabs (to be like the new Tige' tabs). Hopefully the need to list my boat as much will be gone and my wave will be more like a new boat. We will have to see what kind of change it makes this summer. I did it mainly because I wanted a better wake and didn't want to spend $30K+ to upgrade to a new boat. Mine has been trouble free and with room for 16 and all the bells and whistles it works well for our 3 months of boatable weather in Idaho. Anyone retofit to new (larger) surf tabs that can share their outcome with me. I have several suckgates that made a big difference last year, but would like to be able to get more air and spin easier with a longer pocket. Mine tends to be too steep at times.
    2005 XLV
    gravity 3
    perfect pass

I was thinking about doing something similar on my 2006 LSV. I'm interested to see your results. Like you not interested in updrading at a large cost to new boat. As my looks great runs great for what we use it for. I was planning on getting a suck gate for the item what brand helped the wake the best. Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmylsv View Post
    I was thinking about doing something similar on my 2006 LSV. I'm interested to see your results. Like you not interested in updrading at a large cost to new boat. As my looks great runs great for what we use it for. I was planning on getting a suck gate for the item what brand helped the wake the best. Thanks for any info.
    I made my own suck gate last summer using HDPE board and designs like seen on the forum's here and Mastercaraft and malibu sites. The dealer has to mike minimal modifications to the hull to accommodate the newest style surf tabs.
    2005 XLV
    gravity 3
    perfect pass