Default Ballast bag, ski locker 2007 LSV

We have a 2007 LSV w/ballast in each rear locker and the ski locker. The ski locker never seems to dry out as the empty ballast bag doesn't allow airflow, and is starts to smell. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on how to dry it out, or just don't worry about it? Thanks

Take the bags out after each use, shop vac the carpet, drop a small fan in the lockers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

The ski locker has an outlet hole to the bilge which can be plugged up and greatly reduce water in the ski locker. here is a thread with many good upgrades, post 29 demonstrates what i'm talking about. I ordered 1 1/4 plug but it was a little too small so i just wrapped it in several layers of tape to improve the seal but it was a little half assed but still works good.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....my-08-LSV-mods
    2009 Moomba LSV

Don't worry about it, take them out at the end of the season..No reason to remove or dry them. Pour some simple Green in there and the in bilge area and leave it. When you use the boat or trailer it it'll clean everything like a washing machine.... �� Make sure you dilute the simple Green otherwise you'll have a really clean spot..
    Last edited by parrothd; 04-16-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I used to take my bags out of the ski lockers every time i got home and vacuum them out and leave everything open to dry. Then i got smart and removed the carpet in the rear lockers and replaced it with a seadek type of material so now i just lift up the bag a little and wipe it dry. It is so much easier not having carpet in the lockers.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

That was one of the first things I got rid of too. So easy to dry out now without carpet.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!