Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

The only thing I don't love about this project, is that I can't decide whether I like the diamonds or the straight lines more. Looks amazing. Great work.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    The only thing I don't love about this project, is that I can't decide whether I like the diamonds or the straight lines more. Looks amazing. Great work.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    See if I can help you. I love the look of the diamonds, but a couple of reality things about them. Because there are 4 points to every diamond there are a lot more points to pull up or get ripped. When running a router on the diamonds they got tore up a little bit when near the end points. Also there is more waste involved with the diamonds during installation. If you are trying to match another piece you could lose 3" one direction or almost 5" the other direction. With the lines you can only be off by up to 2" one way. With a number of pieces that adds up quick. Both are the same quality it's just the more cuts that cause these issues. I still love the diamonds and if I did it again I would do it just like I did!

Finally got the ice chest done. I could pistol whip the MB employee who put that in! I'm worn out...
    IMG_1975.jpg
    IMG_1976.jpgIMG_1977.jpg

Dang, Hype, you got it looking perfect. Nice!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

That turned our beautiful!

Great Work!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Man that all looks great! On my list of future things to do. Great job
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

So phase one of this project is essentially complete. Phase two will be under the seats and lockers but that will be in the fall of 2017 as it is tIme to go to the lake. This was a time consuming project, but very much worth every minute spent. A person could easily simplify this install no still have a nice floor. My goal was to have as finished out interior as I could get without paying the big boys a grip of cash. The biggest challenges would have still been there with the high dollar floors. My ice chest area was uneven and I had a large gap under the helm. Boats with glue down carpet are always going to have mysteries when you pull the carpet.

My disclaimer is this, I have been installing stereos in boats and upgrading boats for years. I have a lot of tools at my disposal along with a lot of boat interior experience. The rolls don't put themselves in. However with some patience and a good plan going in, it isn't that difficult to do. I definitely think in increased the value of my boat at least 3-5 times what the project cost. I hope this helps some of you guys take the risk and go for it!

I used 2 rolls of lines and 3 rolls of diamonds for phase 1. The rolls for diamonds are smaller and there is more waste during installation with the diamonds. To match another piece you could be off 3" one direction or five inches the other direction. That adds up quick with multiple pieces. The lines should hold up longer with fewer points to get damaged. With 5 rolls the materials cost for phase 1 is $350 for flooring and another $75 in template supplies.

Well done sir, looks awesome!
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Now come to DFW, I'll buy all the supplies and adult beverages and you can do mine.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

They won't let me leave California. Without my taxes the state wouldn't be solvent!! At least that is what the tax man say. Lol