Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Yes, Sir! Just got a fresh one for this season!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Yes, Sir! Just got a fresh one for this season!!
    I'm getting tired of typing, but I had some negative thoughts about a Supreme surfer that surfed by my dock twice in an hour and was probably less than 30 feet away. I don't want to step on any toes yet since we just got this place and I know there was another thread about how to tell someone to get the hell away from the dock and I know I don't have the kind of delivery that makes someone feel warm and fuzzy but I guess I'm gonna have to figure how to handle this. One thought was to tell the d-bag when I find out where his dock is I'll be over to return the favor, is that wrong?
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

When you see them doing that, you'll never be in the wrong no matter what you do. Get video of them doing it once and get the registration numbers on video if possible and you can send that off to DNR or appropriate authority. They should get a nice ticket as a reminder. That was pass one, pass two and I'm in the boat ready to trail. I'll educate them accordingly, whether following them to their dock/launch or waiting till they are swapping out riders. Unfortunately some of the worst offenders are those with docks and your neighbors.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Here are some pictures of the dock and the boat on the lift I'm not sure how to move the bunks looking at how they are attached to the lift.

Mike I don't get any afternoon sun but I do get plenty of the morning sun so I may put up a shade on that side.

First morning down on the dock really peaceful, wish I drank coffee or morning scotch.

And lastly, where does everyone store their surfboards when they're away from the lake house for the week and do you cover the boat every night ur at the lake, or just Sunday when you leave.
    20170414_140133.jpg

20170415_085255.jpg

20170415_085343.jpg
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by jelmhorst View Post
    When you see them doing that, you'll never be in the wrong no matter what you do. Get video of them doing it once and get the registration numbers on video if possible and you can send that off to DNR or appropriate authority. They should get a nice ticket as a reminder. That was pass one, pass two and I'm in the boat ready to trail. I'll educate them accordingly, whether following them to their dock/launch or waiting till they are swapping out riders. Unfortunately some of the worst offenders are those with docks and your neighbors.
    Good idea on the pictures and I had my phone with me both times. Wonder if having my cop buddy over to have a talk with them might help. As far as neighbors, someone has 2 large mutts, with collars and tags roaming the area they seem friendly enough but I don't want to have someone else's dogs landmines in my yard. Am I just old and cranky and need to relax, maybe that morning scotch wasn't a bad idea.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ghebert1111 View Post
    Good idea on the pictures and I had my phone with me both times. Wonder if having my cop buddy over to have a talk with them might help. As far as neighbors, someone has 2 large mutts, with collars and tags roaming the area they seem friendly enough but I don't want to have someone else's dogs landmines in my yard. Am I just old and cranky and need to relax, maybe that morning scotch wasn't a bad idea.
    Most people will respond much better to a friendly discussion with a neighbour than they will to the new guy showing up with a cop buddy. You may want to try the softer approach at first. I'm not saying it's right but people are people and there are people with boats that really don't know that what they're doing is wrong.
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Most people will respond much better to a friendly discussion with a neighbour than they will to the new guy showing up with a cop buddy. You may want to try the softer approach at first. I'm not saying it's right but people are people and there are people with boats that really don't know that what they're doing is wrong.
    Cop buddy is a last resort. Unfortunately I don't come across as real neighborly the first time someone meets me especially if I'm asking them to be a bit more considerate of my dock.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Well good luck with that.Scotchy.jpg
    2002 Supra Santera (SOLD)
    2017 Moomba Mojo Pro Vivid Orange
    (1595lb wakemakers in the lockers)

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    Well good luck with that.Scotchy.jpg
    I guess that's the point, there aren't a lot of folks that are going to respond well to the any kind of discussion about their perceived lack of courtesy and if they are surfing that close to the docks in my area they are probably the kind that would respond in the worse way. I guess I'll have to give it a summer and see how things shake out.
    Gil Hebert

2014 Mojo

Well, I seem to wear the ahole badge also. Rarely ever intend to be one, just come off that way.

Can't win em all!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold